The #1 Job Site Created By and For People Working In Film & TV Production
New Jobs Posted Hourly 24 Hours a Day
Saturday, December 14th, 2019
Company: UN Women
Location: New York, NY
|UN Women Background:
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Unit/ Project Background:
The Communications section at UN Women Headquarters in New York supports the positioning of women’s empowerment and gender equality as key issues on the international agenda and establishes UN Women’s role as the global authority in this context. This entails developing and promoting high-quality content, communicate about UN Women’s work through digital and social media and engage a global audience online. The Communications Section seeks to enlist a full-time intern to support with social media outreach.
The intern will assist the Social Media Manager in drafting messages for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, producing visual assets, engaging UN Women’s social media audience, pinning photos on Pinterest, and monitoring all social media accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Under the supervision of the Social Media Manager, the intern will specifically be responsible for the following:
1. Increased understanding of UN Women’s work and the UN system;
2. Improved understanding of internal workings of Communications & Advocacy division of UN Women;
3. Increased awareness of social media platforms
4. Increased skills in social media content production;
5. Learning about the work of gender equality in an international environment;
6. Meeting and networking with UN Women colleagues in other units;
7. Work as a team member in a multicultural setting.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.undp.org.