Tane is a creative video agency focused on the converging world of branded content and advertising. We work with emerging brands – large and small – that are innovating and looking for new models of advertising and creative services. With a full-time staff of fourteen employees representing four core areas, Strategy, Creative, Production, and Distribution, we’re a growing, agile agency with great opportunities for personal and career development. For more info about us, please visit: tanedv.com
We’re currently in search of a Senior Producer for freelance work from July through December ‘19, with the possibility to extend. The ideal candidate would have 10-12 of years of experience working in content production, video, and advertising, with strong line producing abilities and experience overseeing projects with budgets ranging from $15K to $500K. In addition to a resume please include a cover letter that lets us know where you’re presently at in your career, your general work philosophies, what motivates you, and why you think the freelance Senior Producer position at Tane would be a great fit. Additionally, please provide examples of work you’ve produced that you’re proud of. Submissions that don’t meet these criteria will respectfully not be considered. Thanks so much and look forward to hearing from you!
- Oversee scopes and budgets for projects ranging from $15K-$500K.
- Manage our Production Manager and all freelance personnel through every phase of production.
- Oversee projects through every phase of production including RFPs, pitches, scoping, budgeting, pre-production, and location production.
- Work across departments to ensure work is completed on time and within approved budgets.
- Produce/Direct projects in the field and in the studio as needed.
- Participate in meetings and pitches with clients and prospects over the phone and in-person.
- Participate in pitch concepts & budget proposals to help secure new business.
- Provide status of production timeline, profitability and progress on all assigned projects during weekly status meetings.
- Maintain production documents including creative briefs, production calendar, and production insurance documents,
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in production.
- A down-to-earth personality, self-aware, self-motivated, dependable, hardworking, and professional.
- Must be comfortable working in a boutique agency environment with 15-20 employees.
- Experience producing brand videos and commercials for production companies and agencies.
- Experience within the advertising, PR, and film/video content production industries.
- Experience producing ENG, commercial and/or film shoots, both in-office during pre-pro and on-site, with crews in the 2-25 range.
- Must be able to determine the right approach to budgeting based on scope and goals of a given project.
- Must have deep knowledge of crew roles/rates and strong abilities to manage SOWs and budgets through all stages of production.
- Must have strong crew and creative personnel contacts.
- Must have knowledge and experience with talent negotiations and SAG.
- Must be comfortable negotiating and managing scope and budget through all stages of production.
- Must be comfortable pitching and presenting budgets in new business meetings.
- Must be able to consistently manage 5-10 projects at a time that are in various stages of production.
- Must have existing relationships with Directors, Producers, and other creative professionals.
- Must be knowledgeable about production equipment, camera models, and post workflow.
- Must be proactive and able to anticipate things before they happen (production, locations, and post), identify and resolve issues, manage risk, and be a good problem-solver.
- Must have a strong knowledge of Expensify, Excel, Hot Budget and other budgeting software in addition to Microsoft Word, and Google Docs.
- Must be an excellent, detail-oriented writer and engaging, personable communicator over the phone and in-person.
Job Type: Temporary
- Video Production: 10 years (Preferred)