Reception/Production Assistant – CBS – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Late Show is hiring a Production Assistant to work with the Production Department. This person will be responsible for handling front desk operations and assisting on field shoots as needed.
- Field phone calls from the general public about audience related questions and general inquiries
- Organize and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Provide support on various shoots and coordinate makeup, wardrobe, and outside talent.
- Assist with the Script Department, Control Room, and Cold Open teams when needed.
- Other tasks include but are not limited to: office administration & maintenance, log footage production for residual purposes.
- The right candidate will be able to handle a fast paced work environment, multitask, drive a 15 passenger or cargo van when needed, run errands, and be prepared to assist in anything that the production requires
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 1 year in television.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Broad understanding of and interest in current events, politics, and comedy.
- Detail oriented, able to communicate well with various departments.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled