QC Tech I – Audio – Production Resource Group – Secaucus, NJ
Company: Production Resource Group
Location: Secaucus, NJ
Production Resource Group
PRG is the world’s leading provider of services and solutions in entertainment and events. We bring industry-leading creativity, experience and technology to every project we undertake.
Our teams consist of the most accomplished experts, engineers and craftspeople working in theatre, film, tv, broadcast, concert touring, corporate events and hotels and staging. With 170 patents and over 70 trademarks, we are a company defined by innovation. And, through our network of 70 offices spanning five continents, PRG is capable of delivering for its customers anywhere on the globe.
The QC Tech I – Audio is responsible for quality control of VER’s most basic audio/video equipment. He/she will also assist in other departments in configuration and assembly of client orders.
Responsible for routine maintenance and quality control of audio equipment including microphones, outboard gear, wireless RF systems, comm systems, system processors and amplifiers. Assist operations department in configuration and assembly of client orders. Assist clients and rental agents with proper gear selection and operation. Facilitate repairs and maintain repair parts inventory as well as expendable inventory.
- Test related audio equipment upon return to warehouse
- Diagnose, log and repair damaged items
- Assemble and configure equipment racks for client delivery
- Manage firmware versions for applicable devices
- Organize and store all tested equipment
- Ensure all equipment is in top cosmetic shape
- Maintain system packages
- Help design & integrate audio infrastructure for rack I/O, cabling & power distribution
- Be able to handle hard deadlines and plan workflow depending on client needs
- Possess a solid understanding of audio production signal flow and topology
- Understand basic audio processing and practices relating to specific equipment
- Basic understanding of inventory software for forecasting workload
- Basic understanding of wireless systems and related software
- Understand basic network topology
- 2-3 years working with audio equipment in a production environment
- Possess time management skills and ability to organize a large workload that is time sensitive
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in time sensitive situations
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a team to fill client needs
- Ability to become forklift certified
- Education – High School Diploma
*Schedule: Monday – Friday 9a-5p*
(Some late night and weekends required dependent on client needs)
EEO and Disclosure
PRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRG is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.
This is a safety sensitive position and will require pre employment drug screening.
Production Resource Group LLC participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
PRG cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. PRG does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. PRG will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. PRG will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to an in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.