Production Project Manager – VICE Global – Brooklyn, NY
Company: VICE Global
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Production + Project Manager, VICE Marketing
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group ( https://company.vice.com/ ) is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world. VICE’s content has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabodys, Golden Globes, Sundance Film Festival, George Polk, Scripps Howard, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard and Webbys, among others.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includesRefinery29 ( https://www.refinery29.com/en-us ), the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films ( https://www.pulsefilms.com/ ), a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D ( https://i-d.vice.com/en_us ), a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; andGarage ( https://garage.vice.com/en_us ), a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
Role x You
The Production Manager is responsible for producing and project managing all creative assets for the VICE marketing and brand department. They oversee On Air and Off Air campaigns for TV, promos, trailers, key art, digital assets as well as creative assets for brand events. The manager also supports, sales, executive, corporate and PR department by providing them with necessary creative assets such brand reels, sales reels, sizzles, case studies and decks.
The manager intakes requests from internal and external clients, scopes, assigns and project manages each project to make sure it’s executed within budget and timeline. The manager partners with creative teams in video and design to deliver a large number of projects, while continuously seeking to maximize efficiency, output and quality in creative production workflows.
The manager is a self-starter who has excellent organizational and communication skills and thrives on juggling numerous projects with many moving parts in a fast-paced environment and working with cross-functional partners. The manager has experience in production and project management in a TV network or ad agency and is fluent in creating and tracking budgets and finding efficient ways to successfully execute projects. The manager is a production expert with knowledge of latest industry technology and standards. The manager speaks the language of creatives and is their partner in execution. The manager is an organizational wizard who thinks many steps ahead and plans accordingly for each scenario in advance while shifting priorities to serve the constantly changing needs of the environment.
- Manages production end to end from request intake to scoping, kickoff, creative development, production, postproduction and delivery
- Creates project budgets and timelines
- Periodically updates project stakeholders of status
- Finds creative solutions to budgetary and scheduling problems, stays on top of creative changes to make sure work is executed within the defined timeline and budget.
- Streamlines approvals processes from internal approvals to executive approvals.
- Acts as line producer on video and photo shoots, budgets, hires crew, makes call sheets, manages all production related contracts such as talent contracts, locations releases, vendor agreements.
- Manages internal and external clients and updates all project stakeholders on status.
- Owns and manages the production budget on individual projects and assists VP of Creative Operations in projections.
- Finds efficiencies in production workflows by continuously seeking and implementing alternate routes
- Builds and updates a widely encompassing roster of talent, external vendors and specialized production services.
You have these:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 4-5 years of production management experience in the entertainment industry, preferably at an ad agency or TV network.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Project management softwares and tools.
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting softwares and tools.
- Thorough knowledge of all production and post production workflows, specs, technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of operational procedures
- Outstanding project management skills.
We’d love if you also had these:
- Strong working knowledge of all production specs, digital file formats, codecs/wrappers and their appropriate applications.
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with staff, internal clients and external business partners
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Self starter, and a strong ability to push projects forward
- Understanding of production applications, including Premiere and AfterEffects
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership capabilities; ability to prioritize, motivate, and collaborate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Team player
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business.To learn more read theVICE Guide to VICE ( https://viceguideto.vice.com/ )
If the job should transition to a full-time employment opportunity, VICE offers comprehensive benefits including but not limited to trans-inclusive benefits, fertility benefits, and tuition reimbursement. We also have dog-friendly days, bagel Fridays, and the occasional drag show in our conveniently located Williamsburg office. Day-to-day you can enjoy a rooftop garden full of edible produce (in the summer), beer, snacks and the opportunity to make the work of a lifetime if you’re into that sort of thing, which we hope you are.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.