Production Manager, Events/External Rentals – Shed NYC Inc – New York, NY
Company: Shed NYC Inc
Location: New York, NY
Shed NYC Inc
The Production Manager, Events/External Rentals will have strong budget and scheduling skills, work well under short time constraints, and be able to pivot easily from one task or idea to another. The candidate should be experienced with all aspects of technical production, and have an in-depth knowledge of NYC vendors and practices. Candidates should have extensive experience working on all type of events including, corporate meetings, galas, experiential marketing, and product launches.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- In concert with events team, develop preliminary labor estimates
- Once event is confirmed, work with Shed technical staff and crew to develop an effective approach to implement client production goals
- Provide management oversight for load-in, set-up, technical work,event, strike and restore of Shed facilities
- Monitor all production elements including staging, lighting, rigging, and sound installations, hiring and scheduling of all labor crews and creation of detailed logistics plans
- Ensure Shed facility and equipment is well cared for during run of event
- Coordinate and track all labor hours (with IATSE Local 1 and Theatrical Teamsters)
- Communicate and secure client approval for additional labor hours during the run of the event
- Arrange all deliveries through Shed Dockmaster and Hudson Yards Vehicle Screening System
- Work with Events team to communicate the scope of the event to the greater Shed community
- Submit Payroll for all Hourly employees
- Upon completion of event work, in concert with the Event team, close out the event and ensure proper billing is processed
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree in theatre production or similar
- Five or more years experience in a management position in event production
- Demonstrated broad and deep knowledge of theater production and entertainment technology including lighting, sound reinforcement, video playback and projection / LED screens, rigging, and Staging
- Proficient with Vectorworks and AutoCad for working with client drawings and preparing drawing for Shed Technical Staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Significant experience with collective bargaining agreements including IATSE Local 1 and Theatrical Teamsters
- Ability to work flexible schedule as is common in the industry
- Must be proficient with both PC and Mac platforms, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and G Suite
- Experience with Intacct and Artifax a plus
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
Interested candidates should complete an application and submit résumé and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. Only résumés and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
The Shed is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff, and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.