Production Manager – CBS This Morning – CBS – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
Production Manager – CBS This Morning
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS News
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS’s total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The CBS This Morning Production Manager will oversee the day-to-day remote production and studio operations.
Responsible for organizing studio and remote production facilities including camera crews and transmission for guests on a live daily broadcast.
Ideal candidate will be extremely self-motivated, organized, proactive, detailed, reliable, trustworthy, and diplomatic.
Main responsibilities include:
- Daily supervision of the production, engineering and stagehand crews.
- Coordinate edit schedule as well as studio and remote production bookings.
- Control room manager is responsible for technical check-in for all remotes before guest appears on air.
- Provide onsite supervision of remote productions and communicate any issues to the control room.
- Assist with post-taped segments and west coast updates to the broadcast as necessary.
- Must have strong analytical skills, be detailed orientated and maintain the highest degree of accuracy.
- Must complete multiple tasks on time and under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours depending on the news cycle.
- Strong PC and Excel spreadsheet skills required.
- Strong interest in News and Journalism and a keen eye for current events.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled