Production Coordinator Tier 1 – Light Iron New York – Panavision Inc – New York, NY
Company: Panavision Inc
Location: New York, NY
The role of the Production Coordinator is to execute tasks dictated by the Production team and Operations to help complete each project. The Coordinator will be handed daily duties to follow through into the evening. Additionally, they will work independently on long term projects. The Production Coordinator will collaborate with the Producers, Operations, etc. to ensure client needs are met.
- Coordinate, conform, data I/O, color correction and final deliverables for multiple finish, dailies and offline projects
- Work with the Production team to take over projects, manage sessions and oversee the product entering and leaving the facility during the evening
- Monitor, track, troubleshoot, and communicate project progress including details to the Production and Management teams
- Interact with client producers, directors, cinematographers, editor and other contacts as a representative of the LI Production Team
- Schedule, coordinate and be the main contact for all out of house client screenings
- Assist with large projects (ie. communicating with staff, purchasing, assisting tracking costs)
- Communicate with and facilitate LI Marketing needs (ie. receiving, organizing and distributing marketing materials)
- Act as liaison with night maintenance staff. Tasks to be communicated by GM
- Assist with the hiring and coordination of Interns
- Basic understanding of theatrical post production practices, and techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and team-based environment
- Attention to detail, ability to learn basics of managing each evenings requests to completion and strong communication skills
- Self-motivated, ambitious, ability to multi-task
- 1 year experience of entry level production environment
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position. This position begins in the afternoon working into the evening to late night, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.