Producer – Digital Video – Conde Nast Entertainment – New York, NY
Company: Conde Nast Entertainment
Address: New York, NY
Conde Nast Entertainment
Conde Nast Entertainment is seeking a Producer/Director to create Editorial Video content for Vogue, Glamour, Allure, and Self Magazine.
The Producer/Director is responsible for leading the full production process on our beauty brands, from pre-production through production and post. They must be able to manage and deliver multiple projects on fast-paced timelines. The producer ensures creative stays on track from start to finish, participates in creative brainstorm sessions as well as delegate tasks and collaborate with team members in a clear and communicative way. The producer/director will work with and report primarily to the Supervising Producer but will also work directly with the Executive Producer of the beauty brands The ideal candidate will have an understanding and appreciation for fashion, beauty, and culture, as we cover everything from style to celebrity to relationships.
- Flawlessly execute assigned production of proven formats that have been strategically developed to maximize audience and revenue.
- Ensure execution of content meets the high creative standard set by CNE Programming
- Lead and mentor junior staff on a creative production team
- Budget creation, tracking, and project scheduling
- Direct shoots and maintain tags on pre-existing series
- Ensure schedule and deadlines are being met; report changes, raise necessary flags and convey delays so issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure all pre-production materials, including but not limited to, scripts, outlines, shot list, etc. are created and utilized by the production team
- Be thorough in the post-production process
- Brainstorm and work as a creative lead on assigned projects
- Manage Talent on and off camera
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and organizational skills
- Passion for digital as a platform
- Working knowledge of all aspects of video production – shooting, editing, set design, etc.
- Comfortable on set and leading a crew
- Comfortable directing both celebrity and non-celebrity talent
- Comfortable working with modest budgets
- Enthusiastic about making videos in a collaborative environment
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at the same time while working under tight deadlines with limited resources
- Writing and visual storytelling skills
- Strong knowledge of YouTube and has created multiple strong and viral videos in that space.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Condé Nast Entertainment (CNÉ) is an award-winning next generation studio and distribution network with entertainment content across film, television, premium digital video, social, and virtual reality. In just six years since inception, CNÉ achieved profitability for its digital business ahead of schedule, reached TV-like scale for many of its digital videos, and has won Emmy and Critics’ Choice Awards, as well as garnered Academy Award and Peabody nominations. Culling from IP across Condé Nast’s iconic publishing brands, including Vogue, Vanity Fair, The New Yorker, GQ and Wired, CNÉ has produced series for Netflix, Investigation Discovery, Amazon, and more; and currently has feature films with Sony and Fox Searchlight. In addition, the Next Gen Studio produces and distributes over 5,000 pieces of original digital video content a year delivering more than 6.7 billion video views year to date. CNÉ has an extensive digital distribution network of nearly 50 partners across 4,000 websites and ranks #21 in unique viewers in comScore’s Top 100 Properties, ahead of Buzzfeed, ESPN, Vice, Vox, Scripps, Refinery29, The New York Times, Hearst and Awesomeness. http://www.condenast.com/cne
Job Type: Contract
- United States (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: