Producer – CBS – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
The CBSN News team is seeking an experienced Producer to work closely with our senior show production team in a fast-paced, high pressure environment and handle breaking news for a 24 hour international and domestic digital news channel. Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple assignments for regular programming as well as rolling breaking news coverage.
- Plan and execute content and formatting of show rundowns.
- Plan and execute international and domestic segments.
- Own and master the day’s International, national and political news.
- Supervise writing, line producing, video editing and graphics development.
- Provide guidance to APs, DAs and junior team members on writing tone, substance and style.
- Work with Senior and Line Producers on standards, rights and clearances and the editorial direction of language for the anchors, correspondents and on screen graphics
- Pitch & execute special, feature & recurring segments
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Minimum 3-5 years working as a show producer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Fundamental background in journalism and media, including strong news judgment & critical thinking skills
- Impeccable grammar and spelling
- A passion for news both domestic and international news.
- Strong communication skills and ability to train and advise associate producers, production assistants and junior staff in writing and editing broadcast copy.
- Command of AP style and broadcast writing.
- Detail oriented with ability to work and write calmly and efficiently in high stress, intense deadline, live TV environment
- Must pass comprehensive CBS News Digital writing test.
You might also have –
- Knowledge of ENPS and INews preferred
- Strong understanding of digital and social media
- Knowledge and a passion for the future of digital media
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply to Producer – CBS – New York, NY