New Media Producer – Riverbay Corporation – Bronx, NY
Company: Riverbay Corporation
Location: Bronx, NY
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor and Co-op City Times team to develop video news clips and short broadcasts that correspond with overall program objectives to generally inform shareholders and promote pride among community residents.
- Initiate and produce editorial and creative copy and messaging for multiple platforms, including the Riverbay crawler, Co-op City Times newspaper and website, and social media, including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Lead development, coordination and delivery of new media projects including copy, production and publication/airing.
- Produce both live and prerecorded programs for television and other media channels
- Undertake interviewing and reporting duties in recorded and live situations, within studios and in outdoor environments
- Plan and manage editorial calendar and publishing schedule across all content formats
- Collaborate with Editor-in-Chief and Advertising Manager to develop creative elements for paid media campaigns
- Manage and support live events, digital/social and onsite
- Continuously research and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Work Experience and Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in English, Journalism, Communications or Visual Communications is preferred
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in community journalism, video production, photography, social media, copywriting and editing, and video and editorial project management
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in TV or print media industry
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, high pressure and often changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Strong understanding of industry best practices
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Professional and driven with excellent writing, communication and organizational skills, and stellar project management ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person to perform the essential functions of the job.