MOME Director of Government and Legislative Affairs – New York City DEPT OF INFO TECH & TELECOMM – Manhattan, NY
New York City DEPT OF INFO TECH & TELECOMM job in Manhattan, NY
New York City DEPT OF INFO TECH & TELECOMM
The Mayor’s Office of Media & Entertainment (MOME), is comprised of the Office of Film, Theatre and Broadcasting (OFTB), NYC Media and the Office of Nightlife. The mission is to develop the City s diverse media functions and enhance government communications by making information more accessible to the public and to leverage technology to aid in transparency.
The successful candidate will serve as a Director of Government and Legislative Affairs reporting to the Associate Commissioner of the Mayor s Office of Media & Entertainment (MOME).
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as main point of contact with Mayor’s Office of Legislative Affairs, Community Affairs Unit, offices of elected officials and inter and intra agency staff;
- Manage the development of government relations by working closely with elected officials, government agencies and MOME staff to coordinate responses and outreach to stakeholders and community-based organizations, as well as special projects and events and interagency actions;
- Actively monitor the legislative environment at the federal, state and local level and work with City and State legislative affairs offices to track bills on issues that are of interest to MOME;
- Provide weekly briefings to the Commissioner and Executive Staff on federal, state and local legislation, including summaries, related news coverage and talking points;
- Represent agency and draft briefing documents, testimony and materials for meetings with elected officials, government agencies and City Council hearings;
- Oversee preparation for Town Halls and various borough events attended by the Mayor and/or the Commissioner and other MOME staff;
- Oversee preparation of lobbying disclosure reports and represent MOME on intra-agency task forces;
- Represent MOME at various borough events, including City Hall in Your Borough and community resource fairs;
- Act as liaison for Chambers of Commerce, BIDs (e.g., Harlem Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Brooklyn Partnership, Times Square Alliance), and block associations;
- Monitor and stay informed of all MOME projects and interactions that involve elected officials and government agencies, and assist all staff with the navigation of government bodies;
- Respond to and track agency correspondence;
- Manage special initiatives and projects as assigned.
To apply for this job please click here.
Suggested production jobs...