Media Project Management Internship – Brown Eyez Co. – New York, NY
Company: Brown Eyez Co.
Location: New York, NY
Brown Eyez Co.
Brown Eyez Co. is a multi-faceted company that brings together several sectors, impacting diverse markets and connecting with consumers on various platforms. Our three major company divisions are: Media, Travel and Community Relations. All three divisions house unique subsidiary companies and brands. With projects ranging from Behind The Scenes Magazine Presents “Vacay BK: Visit Brooklyn (NY) Like A Local” to “Smart Money University,” a financial education and resource center for undeserved communities, Brown Eyez Co. is a leader in purposeful business. As a philanthropic network, making a difference in the lives of consumers is a priority. Brown Eyez Co. delivers premier media and travel products, in addition to, community support services, advocacy and stewardship.
The Brown Eyez Publishing Group subsidiary publishes three magazines in the areas of health, entertainment, and finance. We are seeking Media Project Management Interns to oversee project activities, manage teams of interns across departments, and connect products and services to vendors, customers, and community members.
NOTE: This is a NON-PAID Internship and Career Advancement Opportunity. Semester or year-long NON-PAID internship. Up to 5 semesters starting Spring 2020 ending Winter 2021. Fields related to Journalism and Media Studies, Communications, Digital Communication, Media Planning, Marketing, Arts (Film Production, Visual Art Curator, Music Production, etc), and Public Relations.
- Must have knowledge of media products especially magazines and social media
- Interest in media management, publishing, and/or production
- Drive to succeed and make a name for yourself in the media industry
- Experience with social media sites, specifically Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (Additional knowledge of other channels a plus)
Responsibilities of the Media Project Manager Intern
– Supports and executes media projects
– Manages assigned team of interns to ensure projects are on track and meeting goals
– Interface with all team members and participants on a daily and weekly basis
– Daily status calls and emails
– Develops and refines internal processes to optimize efficiency, reduce errors
– Interact with clients, customers and community members in order to promote products and services
– Self Starter
– Excellent Written, Oral, and Digital Communication Skills
– Must have Access to Reliable High-Speed Internet
– Must be an organized and creative individual
Areas that you will be learning about as an Intern:
– Team building
– Ability effectively address challenges and changes
– Media and event production
– Networking skills: how to build a successful professional network
– Building a professional portfolio
– Attend some of NYC’s Hottest Events with VIP and/or Backstage Access
– Meet Artists, Producers, Prominent Community Members and other Notable People
– Networking & Career Opportunities
– Opportunities to Travel & Visit Local Attractions
– Career Advancement Opportunities
– Make a Difference
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- Media Planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Other forms
- Multiple locations
- Flexible schedule
- College Credit