Media and Technology Specialist, Harlem Children’s Zone – Harlem Children’s Zone – New York, NY
Company: Harlem Children's Zone
Location: New York, NY
Harlem Children's Zone
We are seeking a part-time Media and Technology Specialist with expertise and an understanding of how to adapt a Media and Technology curriculum to an after-school setting. The ideal candidate will be able to expose students to available technologies and programming through a designed curriculum and series of projects designed by students in media and filming. The Media and Technology Specialist must be able to motivate and maintain the interest of students while setting a positive example. Additionally, the Media and Technology Specialist must take a sincere, active, and appropriate interest in the well-being and success of all students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage a group of 15-20 students in a curriculum exploring the basics of filming, editing, music production, and photography as a tool for project-based learning
- Design a curriculum to introduce students to the world of Film and Photography and a variety of programs such as Final Cut and Adobe After Effects
- Coordinate Film and Photography based trips, special events, student showcases, and other activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- A commitment to the mission and programs of HCZ
- Expertise in Film and Photography; Experience with music production and basic a plus
- Responsible for producing 2-4 showcases per year in the area of media (PSA, short movies, song/music videos, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least 2 years of experience working in a fast-paced, high-demand learning environment
- Ability to create basic lesson plans
- Familiarity with electronic attendance tracking
- Ability to document and maintain student progress notes
- Ability to effectively engage students
- Patient, motivated, well organized, with exceptional communication skills
- Dedicated to providing positive outcomes for children and families residing in Harlem
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
- Creative and possess strong organizational and communication skills, verbal and written
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.