Complex Networks formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex News, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, are the Top 10 publishers in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix, Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
Complex is seeking a Marketplace Editor, with a focus on Style. The ideal person for this position is style fanatic who is in tune with streetwear and the industry behind it. They should be obsessed with research, analytics, and storytelling about great products, brands and retailers.
- You will have a blend of editorial and analytical skills — i.e., you should understand how to tailor content to an audience, optimize it for different platforms, and interpret data to help Complex readers discover products they’ll love. You will have comprehensive knowledge of current fashion trends, streetwear brands, key figures, and our demographic’s marketplace.
- You will also have a background writing content about products, or other types of experience in retail/e-commerce. Being that this is a new venture, editors on the commerce team should be flexible, creative, and willing to try new things and pivot when necessary.
- The Marketplace Editor will be responsible for the curation of marketplace articles to ensure they align with Complex editorial standards, analyzing traffic and conversion results from past efforts to recommend improvements, and brainstorming to continuously develop new successful types of content.
- Work closely with our content team, to develop and execute the content strategy for the marketplace, which can include but isn’t limited to the creation of features, brand & retailer profiles, and essentials lists.
- Write and deliver features, profiles, and essentials lists that consistently expresses the brand voice and personality to support Complex Marketplace audience goals
- Work closely with our merchandising partner, to consistently add new products, brands, and collaborations to the marketplace.
- Work closely with the social, design, photo, audience and marketing teams to create and execute compelling marketing programs, for product drops, special offers, etc.
- Leverage brand relationships, to help create collaboration opportunities and secure custom drops.
- Work with the content team, to support their editorial features with product.
- Create an eco-system of cross-promotion from all Complex channels.
- Work closely with business intelligence, to leverage data to inform future content strategy, to increase conversions.
- BA/BS degree in English, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
- 4 years of experience in e-commerce or editorial — strong preference for background in lifestyle commerce content.
- Relationships with retailers and brands that matter to our audience.
- Strong writing/editing skills and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams and platforms.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to achieve revenue goals.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to create action plans from the interpretation of data and analysis.
About Complex Networks:
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that reaches the coveted 18-24 year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched their very first ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to Life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.
Complex offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.