Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Imaging Vehicle Driver. Operate a high-tech vehicle with commercial digital camera arrays and GPS equipment to rapidly image 360-degree area around the vehicle and store images on computers inside. Position requires physical strength to safely lift a 70-pound camera unit on and off top of vehicle.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Receive specialized training to drive public streets and areas in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follow an on-board guidance system to capture street-level images within a given project area, including all public streets, highways, and on/off ramps.
- Mapping often requires specific areas to be driven multiple times due to poor lighting conditions, multi-lane roads, etc.
- Transfer electronic files between the Cloud, USB thumb drive and vehicle’s computer system.
- Maintain contact with supervisor regularly via personal cell phone (texting/voice/pictures/email).
- Utilize personal phone and personal email to submit daily/weekly reports
- Take the vehicle home at night. Get the vehicle washed and serviced as instructed.
- Interact professionally with security guards to access gated communities.
- Operate independently. Be mission-focused and get the job done.
Schedule: 25-35 hrs/week (part-time) to mid-October.
- Must have flexibility in schedule as the mapping requires good weather (no rain, no snow) and daylight hours. Driver must watch weather forecasts.
- It is preferred that the candidate have a parking spot, preferably in a garage, where the vehicle can be parked at night.
- Vehicles must be parking in a garage at night or the vehicle operator will have to remove the camera (in its case) from the vehicle every night.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Valid driver’s license and clean Department of Motor Vehicle driving record.
- Physically capable of safely lifting 70-pound camera unitonto vehicle roof mount. Able to safely reach/access roof of vehicle to mount and un-mount camera
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail to safely handle vehicle and imagery system.
- Driver must enjoy driving. Must be accessible by cell phone.
- Dependable and reliable with professional attitude and demeanor
- Computer/technology literate to use phone, email, and Excel spreadsheets for basic data entry.
- Prefer local operator living in area with knowledge of local roads and traffic trends
- Experience with commercial driving is a huge plus.
Job Type: Part-time
- safe driving: 1 year (Required)
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse: 1 year (Required)
- strength to lift 70lb to shoulder-level: 1 year (Required)
Overtime often available:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly