House Manager – Walter Reade Theater – Film Society of Lincoln Center – New York, NY
Company: Film Society of Lincoln Center
Location: New York, NY
Film Society of Lincoln Center
Film Society of Lincoln Center, which operates the Walter Reade Theater and Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center, is seeking a full-time house manager. Under the direction of the Director of Theater Operations, the House Manager is a full-time, flexible hours member of the theater staff team responsible for providing supervision and leadership in day-to-day operations.
We are seeking an outgoing individual who has experience in and enjoys managing and being part of a team while working with the public in a fast-paced arts environment. The ability to lead, make decisions and stay calm under pressure while maintaining open communication is essential.
- Daily oversight and leadership of box office, concessions and ushering staff.
- Work closely with FSLC staff, clients, projectionists and outside vendors on all programming, special events, and theater rentals.
- Act as point person for all customer needs, including cultivation and resolving issues.
- Delegate responsibilities to staff in accordance with daily needs of each venue.
- Coordinate technical set-up for events.
- Handling and transactions of cash including end of day counting and reconciliation, in some cases for both Film Society venues (Film Center and Walter Reade Theater)
- Complete all daily administrative tasks including manager’s reports, income reports, maintenance of all logs, balancing daily income reports, creating and distributing banks, in some cases for both Film Society venues (Film Center and Walter Reade Theater)
- Training of staff on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor staff performance throughout the shift, providing group and one-on-one feedback.
- Uphold cleanliness of all areas in accordance with all codes and regulations.
- Communicate all maintenance needs to appropriate parties for both FSLC and non-FSLC property, i.e.: seating, concessions equipment, electrical, plumbing, painting etc.
- Test for and hold all required certifications i.e.: Fire Guard, Food Protection.
- Responsibility for maintaining merchandise and concessions areas and supplies, insuring proper inventory stocking and maintenance.
- 1-3 years of successful personnel and venue management experience in a leadership position in the performing arts, the non-profit sector, or related field.
- Proficient in Tessitura, Google Apps, and Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable learning new software.
- Superior customer service/customer relations skills.
- Strong organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Comfortable being in daily, close contact with members of the public, patrons, and filmmakers.
- Maintaining composure in high-pressure, high-visibility circumstances.
- Follow and enforce the policies and procedures of the organization
- Interest and/or background in film a plus
SCHEDULE: This is a full-time, minimum 35-hour per week position requiring the ability to be work a non-traditional schedule and be available 7 days a week, generally working 4-5 days. (There may be exceptions where the hours and days differ). Must have the flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Director of Theater Operations
FULL-TIME___X___ If full-time, number of months per year__12__
PART-TIME_______ If part-time, number of hours per week______
Film Society is an equal opportunity employer.