Health Safety Supervisor – EMT/Paramedic (TV & Film Set) – Reel Health Corp – New York, NY
Company: Reel Health Corp
Location: New York, NY
Reel Health Corp
Reel Health Corp is looking for a licensed EMT/Paramedic to be a dedicated incident specific healthcare professional capable of managing a suspected communicable outbreak such as COVID19. At Reel Health, we specialize in Health & Safety guidance for production companies (TV, Film, and Commercials) whenever they are working outside their studios and are “On Location.” This position will be based at Film and Television production locations across the Metro area. The Healthcare Personnel will be assigned to at least one location and will work closely with the Health & Safety Team and set security to schedule and manage all Health & Safety Team members.
- Be able to efficiently manage a suspected communicable outbreak such as COVID
- Rapid medicated response to a crew member who is exhibiting COVID symptoms on-set or any acute incidents
- Observes, records, and reports to the physician the patient’s condition, the treatment provided, and any other pertinent information.
- Learn and follow Reel Health Safety Protocols and tools designed to managed on-set safety
- Ability and willingness to travel to multiple locations (when necessary)
- Provide screenings to employees using Reel Health protocol and non-contact infrared thermometers
- Follow HIPPA guidelines/regulations while handling confidential information discovered during screening
- Provide COVID-19 FAQ’s and educational material as needed
- Site liaison for following preventative practices (proper hygiene, social distancing, and other practices)
- Put on (don) and remove (doff) personal protective equipment (PPE) per company protocol (Reel Health training provided)
- Provide data to the client upon request or as agreed to by the client
- Disseminating relevant client policies and info given to us and as directed by the client
Education and Experience:
- Postsecondary certificate (EMTs); Associates degree (Paramedics).
- Certification and state license required.
- Must be CPR/First aid certified
- Knowledge of general principles of medicine which can be derived from an EMT or paramedic training program.
- Must maintain calm in stressful and chaotic situations.
- Must have strong English skills (bilingual a plus)
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills
- Must have strong technology skills (navigate a cell phone, tablet, and applications)
- Learn Reel Health COVID-19 information and protocols once hired (provided by Reel Health)
- Must have reliable transportation. (Mileage reimbursement may be available in certain circumstances)
- Must have a smartphone (Reel Health App Access). Reimbursement is available
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking.
- May be exposed to communicable illnesses and other occupational hazards
- Must be able to withstand physical and emotional stress
- Able to wear required PPE for up to 12 hours per shift (face mask, eye protection, medical gloves, gown, safety vest, etc.)
- Be able to work in an outdoor environment (subject to change)
Job Type: Part-time
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance