Freelance Video Engineer – Meredith Corporation – New York, NY
Company: Meredith Corporation
Address: New York, NY
Meredith is one of the largest branded media companies in the world, reaching more than 200 million consumers globally across multiple platforms. Our portfolio includes influential brands such as Time, People, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, Better Homes & Gardens, AllRecipes, Travel + Leisure, and Entertainment Weekly. Meredith is also home to celebrated events and franchises including the Fortune 500, Time 100, People’s Most Beautiful, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year, and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
Meredith Studios, Meredith’s in-house video studio group, seeks a Video Engineer to join our video engineering team that maintains facilities and systems that create content for People, Sports Illustrated, Entertainment Weekly, Food and Wine and other Meredith properties. This person will be expected to support Meredith Video Operations with day-to-day technical support of live, as-live and VOD content production and regular maintenance of video equipment in our Manhattan facility. This person reports directly to the Director of Video Engineering.
This is a freelance position, likely working 2-4 days a week.
- Set up for live and pre-taped shows in the studio and for remote production
- Actively participate in the maintenance and configuration of all broadcast and streaming equipment
- Stand by to assist Studio Technicians and Technical Directors with day to day technical studio operations including camera shading, video and audio routing and patching, remotes, satellite media tours, audio mixing, coms, and tally routing
- Work with Engineering team to develop and revise documentation (AutoCAD)
- Manage technical resource utilization between 5 active studios and 2 control rooms
- Actively participate in the support for video operations teams including root cause analysis and preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoot technology issues as they arise through root cause analysis
- 3-5 years of video engineering experience at a live broadcast and/or streaming station, post facility or web video channel
- BS in TV, Film or Broadcast Production or Technology
- Understanding of broadcast television and streaming technologies from studio and post production to master control and distribution.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Excel, Visio, and general office software.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of IP networking
- Strong knowledge of production equipment including cameras, lights, switchers, graphic generators, encoders, audio boards and other video equipment
- Knowledge and experience with PC & Mac software and hardware identification
- Experience with Dante routing and networking, Evertz routing and distribution, RTS, Image Video, Ross Carbonite, Yamaha QL5, Hitachi cameras, CCUs
- Experience with production and post workflows including custom MAM, SAN, DAM workflows as well as off the shelf software including Adobe Creative Cloud, Final Cut Pro, ProTools
Job Type: Part-time