Freelance Video Editor/Camera Operator – Fox Corporation – New York, NY
Company: Fox Corporation
Location: New York, NY
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News ChannelFOX News Channel is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2018 as the most-watched basic cable network for the third consecutive year in both primetime and total day among total viewers, and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 68 consecutive quarters. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre. JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a highly creative Freelance Video Editor/Camera Operator to join Fox Digital! As a Freelance Video Editor/Camera Operator enjoy collaborating in a team environment. As the Freelance Video Editor/Camera Operator you are a master at visual journalism and can handle a high-energy, deadline-driven newsroom environment. You are a creative shooter and editor who will cover field and on-set shoots that range from high-profile guest interviews to in-depth short-form news features. The Freelance Video Editor/Camera Operator lives and breathes digital news and information and is driven by an intense passion for storytelling. You are proficient in integrating graphics, video and audio into cohesive packages.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shoot videos using a wide variety of cameras, including Canon c100, Canon 5D, and Sony PXW-Z280 for packaged segments on location and in studio
- Edit videos using a mixed range of in-house digital original footage, sourced Getty images, social media content, cell phone footage, etc, using Premiere Pro, After Effects
- Ability to turn shoots and edits around quickly
- Perform basic color correcting and audio mixing when necessary
- Efficient in studio lighting
- Publish videos using our content management systems
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a digital video shooter/editor/producer in an entertainment or media setting
- Demonstrate competency with Canon 5D/C100, lighting, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere) and have proficient mac computer skills.
- Knowledge of all aspects of video shooting, including camera/audio operation, lighting, and production management
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Audition
- Experience working with high-level talent
- Organization skills that allow multiple projects to be produced simultaneously
- Familiarity and experience with various video production formats for mobile and social media platforms including square, vertical and 360 video
- Experience with DSLR cameras preferred
- Application should include a resume and demo reel of video you have shot and edited
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.