Freelance Field Producer – Complex – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
Complex Networks formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex News, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, are the Top 10 publishers in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix. Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
Complex Networks is hiring a Freelance Field Producer, Originals to lead a small crew on the production of a new series. This individual will be responsible for overseeing all things production related from pre to post production.
- 5+ years experience as a production
- A sound understanding and experience with all elements of the production process in the digital; experience producing short form content.
- Strong experience producing/directing in the field and leading a crew
- Write/manage scripts, shot lists, hot sheets, creative/story outlines, show formatting, etc.
- Lead video projects and all deliverables from pre-production through post
- Prep and direct on camera talent
- Work closely with Production Managers to ensure scouts and all agreements are executed
- Manage rights & clearances with legal to clear all assets
- Ensure editors and animators have the necessary directions and assets
- Provide creative and practical input during all production phases
- Work collaboratively with other producers, motion graphic designers, and editors to create innovative, compelling creative
- Lead client relations, approvals, and feedback throughout production process
- Deliver projects on-time and on-budget while maintaining a high-quality bar
- Please include a link to your reel
Complex offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
About Complex Networks:
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food, reaching the coveted 18-24-year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.