Freelance Designer – Complex – New York, NY
Address: New York, NY
Complex Networks formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex News, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, are the Top 10 publishers in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix, Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
Complex Networks is looking for a highly motivated, experienced, and driven multidisciplinary Freelance Designer for a 4 week period to work across a range of audience-facing projects. The ideal candidate is a highly creative individual with a deep love of design. Being a fan of the music, style, and culture that Complex celebrates is a great asset.
The Designer will work collaboratively with the Design, Video, and Editorial teams with direction from the Creative and Art Directors to create identities for new series, update existing franchises, and initiate experiments and explorations for future projects.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in design for motion within an agency, design studio, or media company.
- Focus on identity, branding, and packaging for video content
- Must be able to conceive and execute look and feel for show identities
- Must be able to design for a motion graphics workflow
- Candidates must demonstrate a refined, stylish approach to typography and layout
- Candidates must be imaginative, resourceful, and able to handle multiple projects quickly and efficiently
- A natural ability to collaborate with others and thrive under pressure
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop – is a must
Complex offers a casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous PTO and a 401k match from the first day! ! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
About Complex Networks:
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that reaches the coveted 18-24 year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched their very first ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to Life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.