The Late Show with Stephen Colbert is hiring an Associate Producer to work with the Field department. This person is responsible for supporting one field producer on taped comedy segments within the show and will have the opportunity to collaborate with writers/producers/director/crew. Must be accustomed to working under tight deadlines.
- Work on large and small production tape pieces in the field and in-studio.
- Manage elements lists and communicate the producer’s needs with all departments.
- Take accurate and thorough notes in pitch and production meetings.
- Select options for video clips, photos, music, sound effects and work with rights and clearances department to clear elements for air.
- Communicate with casting directors, publicists, and locations to arrange shoots.
- Draft call sheets and schedules for shoots.
- Help producer manage logistics and troubleshoot problems that arise on set and in edit.
- Work with production to approve costs and fill out purchase orders.
- Provide creative input and pitch ideas as needed.
- Must be able to travel for shoots outside of NY and abroad.
- 2+ years in TV/film production
- Ability to edit and shoot a plus
- Sound recording/boom operation and teleprompter operation skills a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled