Family Pictures USA: Communications Intern – Family Pictures USA – New York, NY
Company: Family Pictures USA
Location: New York, NY
Family Pictures USA
Academy member and award-winning filmmaker & artist Thomas Allen Harris is looking for new team members to join his internship program! You will have the opportunity to work closely with a team of professional filmmakers and artists on one to one basis.
The internship’s main focus is Family Pictures USA, a traveling television series & transmedia project that explores neighborhoods & cities through the lens of the family photo album – offering a ‘people’s history’ of underrepresented communities. Hosted by Mr. Harris, this public television series enlarges our understanding of history, our diversity, and our shared values.
Our interns will get hands-on training with the opportunity to grow and seek mentorship and guidance from members of the production team regarding their personal/professional goals. You will also receive college credit and/or a letter of recommendation assuming satisfactory completion of the internship.
– Assist in creating and searching for content for social media channels including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
– Develop online media campaigns relevant to events associated with our company/tv show
– Depending on your interest you may be asked to develop blog content for our website
– Create graphics as needed
– Assist in relevant research
We are looking for Interns who can commit 3-4 days a week minimum, 8 hours a day, between the hours of 11:30am-6:30pm, on a weekly schedule to be arranged with some flexibility. We are not open on weekends.
**Though we are accepting applicants looking to complete a Spring internship, preference will be given to applicants able to start with us ASAP. So please be sure to note your availability prominently in your materials**
We do not require extensive experience from our Interns, but please let us know in your cover letter and resume of any qualifications or interest you have in these areas:
* FILM EDITING IS A PLUS! * documentary/TV * good written communication and proofreading skills * historical/archival research * social media for films, organizations; marketing * familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Bridge, and Photoshop * attention to detail and ability to work independently * demonstrated interest in related subject matter
Interested applicants should send resume, relevant links to past work, your availability for the duration of the internship, and two references prior to interview.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- College Credit
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift