The Equipment Rental On-Locations Manager is an integral part of the Equipment Department, tasked with the production and logistics of all off-site equipment rentals, services and personnel in concert with in-studio rentals and activities; ensuring client needs and requests are handled with the greatest efficiency and professionalism possible.
You must be at the forefront of current and future technology and assets, staying ahead of trends.
You are responsible for the preparation, dispatch and counsel on any and all off-site assets; creating and enforcing protocols and procedures, hiring and training staff via hands-on, printed, and electronic material.
You need to enter the role with previous established client relationships.
- Sales and outreach for both existing and new clientele.
- Create and maintain list of locations specific clientele.
- Create and maintain list of off-site freelance personnel.
- Inventory and track assets.
- Implement systems to track and maintain company vehicle fleet; proposing upgrades when necessary for functionality and organization.
- Translation, entry and allocation of client orders into Bookings and Rental software, via direct communications in-person/over-phone/email from Client Producers, Crew Leads (Photo, Video, Grip, Electric, Set and Art Department)
- Test, pack, deliver and setup equipment for photo and video productions; including but not limited to: lighting, grip, electric, production and digital equipment.
- Ensure accuracy of all incoming and outgoing location equipment through our rental software.
- Research and present purchase proposals relating to location specific photo and motion productions to management, keeping ahead of trends.
- Maintain excellent client experience through regular process evaluation, implementing changes immediately.
- Off-site point of contact for client troubleshooting of all rented assets.
- Develop positive photographer/crew/client relationships.
- Gather, interpret and transcribe information from client communications [emails, phone calls and direct conversations] regarding their equipment needs.
- Must own a smartphone with internet access (emails, internal communication programs, etc).
- 5+ years in Equipment Management.
- 8+ years in a photography related role.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS – REQUIRED
- Expert knowledge of industry standard Production, Grip, Electric, Strobe lighting, Continuous lighting and Production equipment.
- Working knowledge of major film and digital camera systems, including but not limited to Phase One, Hasselblad, Canon, Nikon and Sony.
- Self-starter, exceptional level of efficiency and organization
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills; advanced proficiency in [but not limited to] Word, Excel, Outlook, Photoshop, Acrobat.
- Experience in bookkeeping, financial analysis and equipment procurement.
- Ability to maintain composure and positive attitude in a demanding and high paced environment.
- Self-starter, discipline and a high-level of efficiency and organization.
- Ability to work day shift or night shift, weekday and weekends.
- Positive attitude
- Ability to lift and move minimum 50lbs
Reports to: Studio Director
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- New York, NY 10001 (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Only full-time employees eligible