ENG Camera Operator – CBS – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
4.03G ENG Camera Operator
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS News
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS’s total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
CBS News is looking for a creative and dedicated full-time News Photographer with Director of Photography level experience. We are seeking someone extremely proficient in shooting, lighting and can bring compelling stories to life. Candidates must have exceptional knowledge and experience with Hi-definition, 4K, UHD and HDR photography. Must possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for story telling is absolutely essential.
- Shoot day of air, in-depth features, investigative assignments and creative interactive live shots all with the highest ethical, aesthetic and technical standards using the latest technology.
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to direct lighting, set overall visual look, related technical specifications for projects and sound as a one-person crew or as part of a team.
- Ensure that all pictures and sound are of highest quality and properly recorded.
- Work closely with producers by providing support logistics and shot requirements
- Operate ENG vehicles.
- Maintain all gear including crew vehicles, working with appropriate departments to keep all gear up to date and in working order.
- Able to trouble-shoot quickly and effectively in a variety of circumstances.
Work under deadline pressure.
- Degree in broadcast journalism/production preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working as an ENG photographer in a large market.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to listen, provide praise and constructive criticism.
- In depth knowledge of existing and evolving newsgathering technologies.
- Good leadership skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, collaborative and possess a high level of creativity to tell stories with sound and images.
- Take ownership of situations and lead issues to resolution.
- Experience in logistics, special event planning and execution.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 50 plus lbs. of newsgathering equipment.
- Must be available to work weekends, long hours or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines, 24/7 all kinds of possible weather conditions.
- Travel for production (hostile environments are possible. Training provided)
- In depth understanding of newsgathering technologies: Multi-camera interviews and remotes.
- Proficient with streaming technologies Dejero and LiveU.
- Applicants must provide a link to examples of their recent work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled