Director of Production – Vox Media – New York, NY
Company: Vox Media
Location: New York, NY
Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands and the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry — and getting the future of media right. Vox Media’s editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, and Curbed. Our diverse storytelling and advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, and the company’s entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network and Epic.
Vox Studios is seeking a Director of Production (DOP) to oversee production management of premium long form documentary content for 3rd party networks, streaming services etc. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video production with a strong inclination for studio & set operations. The role requires creative problem solving, leadership and organization. DOP reports to the VP of production. The ideal candidate has line produce multiple unscripted/documentary projects across multiple genres including: travel, food, true crime, news, follow-doc, etc.
What you’ll do:
- Create and Execute Production Plans including budgets, schedules, timelines, etc.
- Manage day-to-day production of long form documentary content for Vox Studios.
- Oversee line producers / production managers etc.
- Lead production teams on multiple shows simultaneously.
- Own production processes. Create and maintain documentation around production processes.
- Oversee production staff and actively manage crews day to day.
- Partner with other producers and/or editorial groups to deliver great content.
What you’ll bring:
- 10 years production management experience (from PA through Producer) in unscripted long-form/premium documentary space.
- Experience as a line producer on shows with international travel.
- Production Company, Network and On-set level experience.
- Experience as Production Manager, Assistant Director, or Producer.
- Diverse production experience ( This can include Digital, Film, TV, advertising, scripted, doc & event)
- Deep Production Office Administrative Experience including payroll, budgets, schedules, travel memos, call sheets, production reports.
- Management experience with multiple FT direct reports
- Experience delivering show to network, streaming and OTT partners.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.