Who are we?
ALLYANCE Media Group, through its subsidiary DIGA Studios, is a next generation media production start-up focused on developing and producing entertaining stories to capitalize on the exploding demand for original programming from television networks, brands and streamers worldwide. AMG is led by the former President of MTV who, along with his core team of culture defining creatives, has developed and produced such iconic hits as Laguna Beach, The Hills, Jersey Shore, Teen Wolf, Community, Real Housewives, SuperNannyand Tiny House Nation, among many, many others.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a hands-on Director of Production Finance to help us keep up with the overwhelming demand we’re seeing for great storytelling, while building great relationships with our network partners by enabling us to deliver on-time & on-budget.Reporting to the Head of Finance and partnering with the General Manager and the Head of Production, the Director of Production Finance will oversee the accounting and financial administration of all of our productions.The successful candidate will roll up their sleeves to lend insights and expertise to a team that is looking for new ways to scale and grow as we scramble to keep up with the explosive demand for quality entertainment.
What will you be doing on a day-to-day basis?
- Provide accurate, complete and timely reporting including cost reports, cash flow analyses, and trial balances for all productions
- Provide day-to-day guidance on workflows & enforce accounting procedures
- Collaborate with producers to create production budgets and review contract terms
- Prepare cash flow schedules and funding requests in accordance with deals and schedules
- Assist in the creation of new production entities and set-up of bank accounts
- Set up new shows in production accounting systems
- Facilitate onboarding/offboarding of cast and crew and process production payroll
- Manage production accounts payable including POs, invoices, checks, expense reports, p-cards, petty cash
- Process intercompany transactions and billbacks
- Handle banking inquiries, production deposits, bank reconciliations and wire transfers
- Support month end accounting close including accruals, journal entries, and reconciliations
- Organize, maintain and archive files
- Keep informed of all union/guild contracts including rates, rules and regulations
- Prepare, issue, and file annual tax documentation
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis or reporting as needed
What will it take to be successful?
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive experience accounting for productions within a studio, production company (digital, commercial, TV, film) and/or network
- Thorough understanding of production accounting practices including payroll, labor laws, guilds & unions, accounts payable, vendor set-up, cost tracking & reporting, cash flow schedules, disbursements, reconciliation, reforecasts, audits, insurance, contractual obligations, tax incentives, royalties and residuals
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Proficient in Excel and experience with production accounting software (e.g. SmartAccounting, Green Slate, Movie Magic Budgeting, Movie Magic Scheduling, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- A startup, collaborative and results-driven mentality with equal parts intellectual curiosity, determination, and grit
- Ability to build and sustain excellent relationships, operate with respect and get things done without unnecessary noise
- Excellent communication, organizational and written skills
- Strong proactive approach, taking the initiative where appropriate, and looking beyond the immediate ask to anticipate a future need or requirement
- Exceptional work ethic and trustworthiness
- Great sense of humor!
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of an exciting, fast-growing media venture centered around telling great stories across formats and platforms
- The opportunity to work with talented and entrepreneurial movie and television lovers with one foot in NYC & one in LA
- Pro-casual work environment, with offices conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Leadership with a strong belief in work-life balance
What happens next?
We’re looking for someone excited and engaged, who is eager to build a career at a rapidly growing industry leader.Please click the “Apply” link below and submit your resume for consideration!Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away- we’re reviewing all resumes to find the best fit for you and for ALLYANCE Media Group.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Production Accounting software (e.g. SmartAccounting, etc): 5 years (Required)