Director of Operations – The Growing Studio – New York, NY
Company: The Growing Studio
Location: New York, NY
The Growing Studio
The Growing Studio is the largest musical theatre school for post-graduate education, operating studios in New York, London, Paris, and Amsterdam and a base of nearly 4,500 actors in NYC alone. We produce classes, seminars, lectures, and workshops for singers, dancers, and actors, as well as showcases and masterclasses for colleges, universities, and community tour groups. Our faculty and guest artists have included the likes of Joe Mantello, Susan Stroman, Jerry Zaks, Kathleen Marshall, Andy Blankenbuehler, Andrew Lippa, and many more. We recently expanded our studios in midtown Manhattan.
The Growing Studio is seeking an experienced Director of Operations to join our small and mighty leadership team. This is a complex role that requires an individual who is able to juggle many balls without dropping one!
- Building, planning, scheduling and communication with instructors to create programming that is proven to be profitable for the company.
- Work with a small team of interns, who require training sessions and constant communication, to delegate tasks and monitor classes.
- Creation of appropriately entered Google invites to communication class curriculums, dates and times to students enrolled and instructors.
- Monitor multiple email inboxes and create solutions to daily student issues and acting as a first line of contact for all instructors.
- Maintain a positive work environment and class setting for all students and instructors.
- Oversee website hosting, credit card processors, and shopping cart and point of sale software to ensure quality service to customers shopping online and on site
- Work closely with the General Manager to ensure that classes are filled.
- Management of website products, item quantities and ability to operation company CRM platform.
- Oversee the TGS LimitLESS program which includes a complex scheduling and enrollment system.
Our administrative team works diligently to provide the best possible services to our students and customers. A successful candidate will possess:
- At least 3 years of professional experience, preferably in art administration. Experience in education will also be considered.
- A bachelors degree in theatre, business management, production management, a related field OR relevant work experience.
- experience working with Google Suite and Shopify strongly preferred
- knowledge of the current events, major players, and general interest in the theatre, TV and film industries
- knowledge of CRM platforms.
- Excellent writing skills.
A successful candidate should also have the following attributes:
- Willingness to collaborate and contribute ideas and opinions on new projects and long term company growth. This is not a position suited for a “that is not my job” attitude. You must be willing to work with a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create organizational systems and protocols for a rapidly changing and growing company
- Ability to multitask and prioritize important project deadlines
- Handle difficult personalities with patience and set a professional example for interns and students
- Manage tasks well and delegate effectively and proactively to keep busy periods controlled and seamless
- Experience with Shopify and KEAP helpful but not necessary.
The compensation package for the General Manager will include:
- An annual salary of $40,000-$50,000, negotiable based on experience
- Medical Insurance Coverage
- A monthly Metro Card
- paid time off
- complimentary classes
Only submissions with complete resume and a brief cover letter describing your prior experience that qualifies you for the position, and what interests you in working for The Growing Studio will be considered. No phone calls, please.
The Growing Studio strives for a diverse team of employees, and does not discriminate based on race, sex, religion, nationality, veteran status, physical ability, gender identity or sexual orientation. All qualified candidates are encourage to apply. This is an exempt position in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
The Growing Studio Team is currently working remotely, but continues to communicate via ZOOM daily. Knowledge of ZOOM is a MUST as team meetings and all educational programming is taking place via that platform until further notice.
- Educational Content Development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Operations Management: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19