CBS BUSINESS UNIT: ViacomCBS
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Human Resources Director will support CBS News’ operations, a 24/7 business with 1200+ employees across several shows and departments. We are looking for a collaborative, strategic, customer-focused HR Business Partner to provide HR leadership and hands-on tactical support to NY-based News leaders and their staff. This multifaceted role focuses on aligning HR priorities with strategic objectives and leveraging HR programs, policies and initiatives to deliver the best in class employee experience.
- Understand business goals and make appropriate recommendations to people strategy
- Drive key HR initiatives that support a culture of diversity, inclusion, & employee safety
- Design and deliver HR programs, processes and initiatives that optimize the employee experience, and both invest in and nurture our talent
- Support managers to create a culture of high performance, building goal setting and feedback capability by leveraging ViacomCBS centers of excellence and tools
- Partner with management to resolve employee relation issues; provide mentor, coaching, counseling and guidance to management and staff; collaborate with legal counsel.
- Manage staffing process, working with hiring managers and talent acquisitions to identify & implement recruitment strategies as well as ensure diverse candidate slates and top-quality candidate selection
- Work with ViacomCBS Learning & Development and/or broader CBS News HR team as necessary to provide program recommendations and facilitation to ensure that appropriate learning opportunities exist and are accessible
- Support a population of union and non-union employees; work with labor relations and employment law to ensure company policy and collective bargaining agreements are adhered to
- Handle the exit Interview processes; determine any trends and take proactive approach to resolve future issues
- Analyze talent and workforce metrics, develop insights and design recommendations to address opportunities
- Continuously seek to improve HR processes and programs
- Work across the HR team on special projects assuming a leadership or support role as needed
- Help advance CBS News HR Priorities by creating strong internal relationships with center of excellence experts in areas as Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, HR Operations and Organization and People Development
- Manage/mentor more junior members of the CBS News HR team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 8 years of relevant HR experience
- Experience managing and/or mentoring more junior members of HR staff
- HR business partner who believes in being visible and accessible to employees. One who encourages and welcomes employee’s ideas and suggestions
- Passion for news and a respect for journalism
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable State & Federal employment law and general business practice
- Highly responsive professional with strong business acumen and customer-service mindset
- Collaborative self-starter who works well in a team environment
- Proven ability to ideate and execute both strategic and tactical priorities
- Excellent leadership, judgement, project management, presentation, and analytical skills
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely flexible, composed individual who builds trust and instills confidence
- Strong influence and conflict resolution skills
- Naturally curious leader with exceptional initiative, follow-through, and attention to detail
- Able to work independently, juggle multiple priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines
- Proven ability to handle extremely confidential information, act with integrity and use discretion
- Master’s degree in HR and/or related field a plus
FUNCTION: Human Resources
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.