Digital Technology Manager – WABC-TV – New York, NY
Address: New York, NY
WABC-TV is seeking an experienced, hands-on manager who will facilitate continued evolution of content production and delivery through multiple services including digital platforms, traditional broadcast, and third party providers. The candidate will be joining an innovative, creative and competitive team.
Candidate will participate in conceptualization, design, and implementation of new technologies, as well as ongoing operation to support a fast-paced newsroom focused on breaking news in the New York DMA.
- Qualified applicants will have significant experience in modern news production techniques including, but not limited to, non-linear edit systems, media asset management (MAM), production automation systems, and network/IP-based media systems.
- Candidates must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and be proficient verbal and written communicators as well as be comfortable in web and social media environments.
- Proactively identifies and executes new ideas and opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills in presenting complex information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short and long-term challenges.
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with news production in broadcast digital or facilities
WABC-TV is a 24/7 operation and the candidate may be required to work non-traditional shifts, weekends / holidays, and be willing to be on call and/or work extra hours as needed. Candidate should be able to lift and carry equipment as necessary.
Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated success in creative system design and implementation. A strong knowledge of newsroom systems including: NRCS and MAM, Adobe Creative Software Products, and CAD/Visio software is a plus.
A degree in a technical related field, appropriate certifications, and/or equivalent experience.
To apply, please log on to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition # 662694BR.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WABC-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity