Digital Production Assistant – Cinedigm – New York, NY
Address: New York, NY
Since inception, Cinedigm (CIDM) has been a leader at the forefront of the digital transformation of content distribution. Adapting to the rapidly transforming business needs of today’s entertainment landscape, Cinedigm remains a change-centric player focused on providing content, channels, and services to the world’s largest media, technology, and retail companies. Cinedigm’s Content and Networks groups provide original and aggregated programming, channels, and services that entertain consumers globally across hundreds of millions of devices. For more information, visit http://www.cinedigm.com/.
Cinedigm Digital Production team is looking for an Assistant. This position is an entry-level position within the Production/Operations group. The successful candidate will be a deadline-oriented, team player who is a self-starter exhibiting strong follow-up and multi-tasking skills to support NY and LA Production and Operations efforts. They will have a strong desire to be part of a best-in-breed distribution company with a penchant for film and tech. This is a temporary position with the potential of going full-time in the future.
- QC digital deliverables for acceptability
- Encode/Transcode assets based on platform requirements
- Digitally package and deliver film, trailer, art, closed captions and metadata via Aspera/FTP
- Support Physical DVD & Blu-ray production
- Manage the export and vetting of licensor supplied metadata
- Manage incoming libraries of content by categorizing and backing up files to AWS and local storage
- Complete work orders including sizzle reels and clip creation
- Liaise with encoding houses as needed
- Administrative duties including coordinating bi-weekly technical calls, generating weekly reports and arranging shipping and messenger services
Qualifications & Skills:
- 1-2 years prior experience in transcoding, packaging, and delivery of digital assets or performing similar duties preferred
- Experience or a basic familiarity with programs such as Final Cut Pro, QuickTime 7 Pro, Switch Plus and MacCaption preferred.
- Experience or a basic familiarity with Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Media Encoder, Premiere, Illustrator) preferred.
- Experience or a basic familiarity with Aspera and FTP/SFTP delivery systems preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- General knowledge of SMPTE Standards for digital distribution.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizations skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate internally as well as with external partners.
- Excellent verbal, written and research skills.
- BA or BFA in related field (Film/Media/Communications) preferred but not required.