The Digital Media Producer will be responsible for planning and producing storytelling video and audio content in support of the mission of The Juilliard School. A storyteller at heart, this individual will partner with both academic and non-academic departments to create materials ranging from event promotion and sizzle reels, to in-depth portraits of individuals and artistic projects in support of a range of institutional goals from recruitment to fundraising. Responsible primarily for video, with audio editing, photography and photo editing on a secondary basis.
- As part of the Public Affairs department, oversee and manage the creation of public-facing video and media production to support the storytelling and communications objectives of The Juilliard School.
- Identify, create, coordinate and execute video shoots, including creating production plans, itineraries, scheduling and coordinating the efforts of faculty, students and other artists, and any relevant needs for a successful filming (i.e. rooms, equipment, etc.)
- Manage all aspects of project development, pre-production, production and post, including storyboard, shooting and editing.
- Partner and collaborate with in-house Production and Recording departments when capturing supplementary performance footage and audio mix, and transforming raw footage from livestreams or other capture into produced video projects.
- Partner with the Director of Communications in creating a production schedule and budget that meets the needs of all constituents
- Identify, manage and coordinate freelance videographers or audio editors when needed when project volume exceeds staff capacity
- Collaborate with internal Public Affairs colleagues on graphics, music selection, rights issues and rendering/posting on all online platforms
- Advise on equipment selection, maintenance and storage; set up and break down audio and video equipment for film shoots, and other activities as needed
- Organize video content and assist in developing protocols for proper tracking and tagging; partner with other departments (I.T., Library and Archives, and Recording Department) in creating a long-term media management system
- Participate with photoshoots, if needed.
- Availability to participate in evening and weekend filming, editing sessions, phone calls and meetings, as needed
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in video production, editing, and digital media content production
- Strong competence in video camera operation and equipment management
- Highly experienced with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Creative Suite and substantial knowledge of Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Audition, or equivalent audio editing software
- Expertise in lighting and sound for video recording, with the ability to set up basic lighting and sound on set, and/or to collaborate with external lighting and sound experts when needed
- Excellent organizational skills and a track record of managing multiple schedules and tight deadlines efficiently and effectively
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to represent the Juilliard brand well in all aspects of the job, through an insistence on extremely high quality in all media content created
- A positive, “can-do” attitude, indicated by an ability to work effectively with professionals, students, guest artists, administrators, and external partners from different backgrounds and cultures, and a willingness to take on responsibilities outside of the job description, as needed
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the performing arts
- Ability to travel if needed, domestically and internationally