Dep Dir Communica – Digital – Metropolitan Transportation Authority – Manhattan, NY
Company: Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Address: Manhattan, NY
Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Responsible for directly managing MTA Headquarters proactive, creative social media accounts, creating content schedules and aggressive monitoring all posts across all MTA agencies. Responsible overseeing the coordination of all proactive, creative social media messaging and postings across the MTA family of agencies to ensure consistency of standards and conformity with messaging. Includes Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, SnapChat, Tumblr, and any other social media platforms that may be initiated by the MTA, New York City Transit, the Long Island Rail Road, Metro-North Railroad, MTA Bridges and Tunnels, MTA Arts and Design, the New York Transit Museum, and other entities of the MTA.
- Responsible for directly managing MTA Headquarters social media accounts, creating content schedules and aggressive monitoring of posts.
- Develops proactive, creative digital media strategy for all MTA agencies.
- Monitors social media channels for MTA-related news, with a goal of flagging important pieces of communications for the MTA’s communications team.
- Work on a daily basis with the appropriate personnel and departments within New York City Transit, the Long Island Rail Road, Metro-North Railroad, MTA Bridges and Tunnels, MTA Arts and Design, the New York Transit Museum, and other MTA entities to ensure that social media best practices and consistent quality standards are adhered to, and to ensure that postings conform with MTA messaging, as determined by the MTA Headquarters communications department.
- Develops and directs the circulation of proposed outgoing social media messages, and posting of approved messages to MTA Headquarters accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and other social media platforms as the need may arise.
- Oversee, monitor, and analyze social media metrics data and digital analytics.
- Perform research into social media and digital communications best practices.
- Knowledge of HTML coding and photo resizing procedures required.
- Must have ability to nimbly navigate a complex organization and must be able to build strong interpersonal relationships and develop the trust of the professional and technical staffs of the transit operating agencies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism, Media Studies, Political Science, Communications, Fine Writing, or English Literature or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of eight years of professional journalism experience at a daily newspaper, magazine, radio or TV station, or as a social media management professional, public affairs representative, spokesperson or equivalent.
As an employee of MTA Headquarters, you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $99,394 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the ‘APPLY NOW’ button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your User Name and Password. If it is your first registration, click on the CLICK HERE TO REGISTER hyperlink and enter a User Name and Password; then click on the REGISTER button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.