Cultural Projects Assistant for Visual Arts, Architecture, and Film – The Austrian Cultural Forum New York – New York, NY
Company: The Austrian Cultural Forum New York
Location: New York, NY
The Austrian Cultural Forum New York
Responsible for exhibition coordination and implementation of Visual Arts, Architecture, and Film programming including exhibition management at ACFNY gallery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- manage project budgets
- coordinate with artists, galleries, and lenders
- conduct research on artists and obtain bibliographic information and images
- manage loans
- organize local and international art shipping
- handle fine art insurance
- book art handling and supervise exhibition install and de-install
- document uncrating and condition of the artwork
- coordinate conservation, framing, and production of newly commissioned works
- organize exhibition openings and related events
- maintenance of exhibition
- answer visual art related inquiries
- coordinate and manage artist travel, hotel accommodation etc.
- draft internal reports and contribute to annual reporting requirements
- interface and coordinate with other ACFNY staff members on programming, reporting, communications, outreach and promotional activities
- Bachelor’s degree
- experience in exhibition coordination
- excellent knowledge of (Austrian) contemporary art
- excellent communication skills—both oral and written
- German language skills required
- strong management, organizational, and diplomatic skills
- familiar with logistical and technical aspects of exhibition coordination
- computer literacy, including MS Office skills
- ability to juggle multiple requests and tasks in an intensive work environment
- ability and readiness to work in a small team & long hours including evening events
A work permit/green card for the United States is required for applicants who are not U.S. citizen.
Salary: Non-profit customary, commensurate with individual experience.
Please e-mail a PDF (max. 2MB) of your application letter including motivation, résumé, diplomas as well as the names and contact information of at least two references to:
Austrian Cultural Forum New York
Attn.: Visual Arts, Architecture, and Film Position
11 East 52nd Street
New York, NY 10022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
The Austrian Cultural Forum is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law.