Creative Producer – Outlier.org – Brooklyn, NY
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Outlier.org (from the co-founder of MasterClass) is reimagining higher education as a resource that is accessible, equitable, and affordable for everyone. We have developed the world’s best online, for-credit university-level courses, taught by some of the most celebrated educators in the world. We are a quickly growing team working on a single mission. Reducing student debt.
With cinematic video lectures and cutting-edge educational technology, we’re creating for-credit general education classes for a fraction of the average price college students are currently paying.
We’re looking for a full-time Senior Creative Producer to help us create the next generation of for-credit online video education. You’ll take each class from start to finish, coming up with creative ways to film and edit video content packed with information. Casting instructors, dreaming up locations and sets, managing edits, and everything in between, you’ll be in charge of making sure Outlier students want to binge-watch their college lectures as much as they do their latest Netflix obsession. This is a full-time role with benefits reporting to our Head of Video, beginning remotely and then working at Outlier HQ in Williamsburg, Brooklyn as soon as it’s safe to do so.
What You’ll Do
Oversee the complete lifecycle of video content for each course. This includes but is certainly not limited to:
- Casting instructors for courses
- Analyzing syllabi from across the country to support Outlier course development
- Creative directing video shoots, including art direction, onset creative, and/or location selection
- Prep instructors for lecture and help them shape their material for student success
- Manage in-house and contractor support teams to edit and output semesters worth of video content
- Review cuts and provide consistent feedback
- Work with physical producer to hire exceptional directors of photography and talented crew members
- Update and adapt videos with student feedback
- 5-10 years of creative producing experience, or something tangentially related
- Passion for updating the education system and making online learning more fun, accessible, and cost-effective
- Experience project managing and managing both in-house and contract contributors
- Experience creating or producing long-form video content
- A track record of owning & launching successful projects, preferably long-form video
- Strong aesthetic sensibility demonstrated via visual art, graphic design, styling, curation, etc.
- Impeccable attention to details great and small
- A lifelong learner, willing to ask questions, dig deeper and empathize with the student who is going to be taking the course
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of humor. We take our work seriously, not ourselves.
- Willingness to contribute beyond your department and support the goals of the company
- Ability to work full-time in our Williamsburg, Brooklyn office (as soon as it’s safe to do so)
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Skills That Would Set You Apart
- Experience video editing in Adobe Premiere
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Benefits include stock options, health, vision, dental; engaging and supportive office space, entertaining coworkers, and a competitive salary.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Outlier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, layoff, termination, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, and benefits.