Coordinator, Advanced Media – Viacom – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling entertainment content – including television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, games, consumer products, podcasts, live events and social media experiences – for audiences in 183 countries. Viacom’s media networks, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, VH1, TV Land, CMT, Logo, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina), Colors (India) and Paramount Channel, reach approximately 4.3 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide
The Advanced Media team’s mission is to grow revenue with agencies and advertisers for Viacom Vantage Addressable and Digital Video PMPs through agency enablement, data partnerships, and investments in operational efficiency.
High-Level Role Description:
Viacom is seeking an Coordinator for our Advanced Media group (a division of Vantage). The role is responsible assisting in the development of a national multi-platform Addressable reach play for Viacom’s Ad Sales clients that is fully de-duped and uniform across all MVPD partners. Key to this, the Coordinator will serve a main day-to-day execution lead for all Addressable campaigns across internal and external clients.
- Support the Sr. Manager and VP of Advanced Media in operationalizing work streams in order to create a productized and fluid offering across linear, VOD, and digital Addressable inventory at scale.
- Execute Addressable marketing campaigns across the internal Viacom Portfolio (e.g. Awesomeness TV, BET, CC, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Studios, Paramount Home Entertainment, and more). These campaigns are critical to fueling the Vantage Addressable product.
- Create and maintain extensive and detailed internal campaign documents including campaign request forms, work flows / processes, educational materials for internal stakeholders, database and other toolset instructional manuals, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with numerous internal operational stake-holders (e.g. Business Operations, Trafficking, Vantage Product Management, P&I, MTS, etc.) as well as external partners (e.g. MVPDs) to drive uniform trafficking and campaign infrastructures, operational readiness, flawless activation, and cohesive reporting for media run across Addressable footprints.
- Serve as key user of numerous Viacom proprietary and 3rd Party data platforms as well as other toolsets critical to fuel Addressability.
- Execute all day-to-day invoicing needs for the team.
- Pull and distribute delivery reports and assist with other ad hoc analysis.
- 2+ years of trafficking experience including audience segmentation building, preferably from a media agency, advertising agency, MVPD, or entertainment-based organization.
- A client-friendly demeanor with strong effective communicate skills.
- Knowledgeable of digital and linear trafficking processes with an ability to get in the weeds and execute.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, start-up, and high-pressured environment, serving multiple internal and external stakeholders under tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of database solutions for audience segmentation.
- Very strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Docs and Visio.
- Comfortable in a role where duties and responsibilities will change pending overall changes in the media landscape, changes / pivots in team goals, and general resource needs within the group.
- Critical to this role, the candidate must be able to regularly work additional hours as needed to ensure real-time management of all media buys and to ensure key deadlines are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience working the in Advanced Media space across linear, VOD, and digital Addressable inventory a plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL a plus.
- Experience with AWS, Adobe, Databricks, a plus.
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude, who exhibits a strong sense of flexibility, project ownership, entrepreneurial drive, passion and curiosity, and is able to identify and solve problems.
- Process-orientated (project management experience a plus), but also highly flexible and willing to adapt in an ever-changing media landscape.
- Experience with Project Management Tools (e.g. Confluence, JIRA) a plus
- Experience in Billing / Invoice management (e.g. SAP Ariba) a plus