Studio Coordinator – Cinelease Studios Brooklyn
Location: Brooklyn NY
Cinelease Inc. Job Description
Job Title: Stage Coordinator
Location: Cinelease Studios Brooklyn
Reports To: Manager of Studio Client Relations & Director of Business Development
Date Prepared: January 16, 2020
Contact Info: Please submit resumes and a quick blurb explaining why you feel you are the perfect fit for this position to [email protected]
Education Required: High School Deploma/GED, Associates/Bachelors a plus, 2+ years’ experience in film industry a plus
Hours: Full time 40 hours with opportunity for overtime
-Primary focus will be to act as the liaison between Studio Operations and Production and is responsible for professional management of Studio facility.
-Must be proactive, have a working knowledge of production departments, and establish and maintain working relationship with production crew.
-Problem solving and multi-tasking issues that involve Operations, Production, Facilities, Security and Safety are overseen by Stage Coordinator.
-Stage Coordinator oversees production requests, vendor’s services, stage technical use, stage and facility logistics, facility use and a variety of clerical duties.
Summary of Responsibilities and Qualifications:
-Including the following overview of assignments, other duties may be assigned.
• Provide excellent public relations and customer service skills as liaison of studio status with studio staff and multiple productions to maintain a quality of service and establish credible working relationships with all production departments, vendors, and tenants
• Report well-informed information to immediate supervisor on studio activity, problems/potential problems identified, results of efforts, and recommendations for corrections
• Monitor and maintain a Daily Stage Status report of stage/mill use by production and studio departments
• Participate in walkthrough inspection of pre and post production stage and facilities
• Participate in stage and studio property production tech scouts
• Knowledge and experience using production terminology in various production departments
• Provide guidance on stage process for load in/load out and shooting/pre-light processes
• Coordinate stage power access and use with Construction and Rigging Electric/Electric departments, conduct safety checks and create power ticket for billing purposes
• Coordinate HVAC system & redlight bell system
• Coordinate with Production departments on use of stage, grid loads, stage floor loads and anchoring
• Coordinate with Production SPFX on Fire Marshall Fire Codes and State Liquid Propane Inspectors on inspections, permits, tests, use, and schedules
• Coordinate handling, usage and storage of explosives per Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) and Fire Marshall’s regulation
• Coordinate hazardous waste and waste management container deliveries, pick-ups, set-up placement, weekly inspection sheet and PO’s
• Coordinate handling, usage, and storage of liquid propane gas per state regulation
• Coordinate container and mobile office buildings deliveries, pick-ups, placement documentation
• Participate in project management of stage needs with studio facilities department
• Coordinate all office furniture moving for carpet cleaning, requests, needs and changes
• Assume basic duties for facilities department after hours
• Coordinate with Studio Operations, productions and Security for traffic control and parking
• Coordinate briefing with Security Supervisor daily on studio daily activity, concerns, corrections, changes, and special requests
• Coordinate daily approvals and security notification for Gate access guest lists for Productions and Vendors
• Review Security Daily Activity Reports, Stage Hot Lock Logs, Studio activity and Schedules
• Coordinate with Security in case of emergencies, assists as the liaison to First Responders
• Will obtain and maintain training certifications – Ariel and Fork Lift, OSHA, Hazmat, FSA, and First Responder
• Capable of using Microsoft Office for tracking, billing, creating forms and Microsoft Outlook to send, receive and respond to emails
At Herc Rentals (Parent company), our success depends on the success of our people. Our ability to provide exceptional service to our customers and maintain a leadership position in our industry is a result of the people we hire and develop. We are growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their ideas and expertise, will enable us to continue our success.
Herc Rentals (Parent company) provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc Rentals (Parent company) does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org