Broadcast Operator (Contractor) – Bloomberg – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast – while keeping up the quality and accuracy we’re known for. It’s what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world’s most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Media Group is seeking a freelance Broadcast Operator to cover several of our technical studio positions in a live 24/7 broadcast environment at our World Headquarters in New York City.
We’ll trust you to:
- Move quickly and accurately under pressure in a fast-paced broadcast environment
- Collaborate with the technical team and editorial personnel in order to ensure a quality visual presentation to our audience
- Understand the flow and composition of a live news broadcast
- Operate a live broadcast sequencer to accurately count a live control room in and out of commercial breaks, while communicating with New York and London master controls
- Fire lower-third and full-screen graphics during live broadcasts
- Mic on-air talent and reporters
- Help maintain audio equipment
- Operate robotic cameras located in New York
- Remotely control cameras around the globe
You’ll need to have:
- An ability to multitask
- Basic mathematics skills
- Flexibility to work early morning, evening and overnight hours
- Experience with live graphics/studio cameras/broadcast audio equipment a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.