We are seeking an individual to manage and maintain our IP video transmission network and ecosystem. While our facility is populated with traditional broadcast technology, the rapid advancement of IP technology is now driving our infrastructure to an IP centric topology. Essential skills will include a strong knowledge and background experience in IP video streaming, core IP networking capabilities, and broadcast equipment.
About Azzurro HD:
Azzurro HD operates America’s first all-digital, HD facility for co-location, video switching and distribution. Located in New York City, Azzurro’s Network Operations Center provides 24/7/365 monitoring and support for traditional video and IP services. Azzurro provides turnkey solutions over full time Fiber, MPLS and IP based networks. Azzurro’s customer base is made up of domestic and international TV Broadcasters, servicing major news and sports networks.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Monitoring and maintenance
- All IP network systems and functions
- Maintenance and upkeep of all hardware and software operations in the environment
- Solutions development and implementation for network improvement and new services
- Solve end-to-end service issues.
- Interface with new and existing customers to provision new services and resolve complex, critical or urgent customer issues.
- Monitor the global video network and internal systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose IP network issues and determine appropriate solutions.
- Diagnose and fix video related issues.
- Responsible for rack testing and escalating and resolving issues with equipment
- Responsible for field testing and escalating and resolving issues with equipment and programs
- Availability to participate, respond to and manage 24×7 responses to emergency client needs in the rotating on call schedule. Responses could include a remote session from a computer to resolve the issue or a visit onsite.
- Understanding of data networks, including WAN/LAN, DHCP, switching/routing, Wi-Fi, topologies, and various protocol standards.
- Relevant diploma/ degree and/or equivalent work experience & certifications
- Knowledge of network transmission protocols, packet prioritization compression of video, audio & data over WAN
- Progressive Technical expertise in network infrastructure configurations (switches, routers, firewalls, VPN, etc.), desktops / laptops / mobile phones, and operating systems, including Linux, MS-Windows
- Flexibility in work schedule may be required depending upon external client needs or internal collaboration
- Team Management/leadership experience is an asset
- Strong skills and experience with the Linux command line environment
- Experience writing shell scripts and/or Python scripts and using regular expressions
- Use of standard network troubleshooting utilities.
- Familiarity with IP tables, route configuration, and Ethernet interface configuration
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to confidently solve problems while interacting with customers
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Initiative and ability to work independently, and as part of a team
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Significant experience with Internet protocols, TCP/IP, IP multicast
- Strong knowledge and experience configuring IP networks and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with enterprise firewalls and network security devices
- Familiarity with layer 2 switches, VLANs
- Experience in an operational role supporting services delivered over the Internet
- Customer support experience
- Knowledge of Video Compression, Video Over IP compression technology, and digital transmission technology.
- Keen understanding of television standards (SD, HD, Digital, Analog, etc.)
- Mainly Monday to Friday schedule – some nights/weekend/holidays required
- Occasional travel when necessary
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, HSA, 401(k) with company matching, vacation and holiday pay.
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Azzurro HD reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- On Call
- Information Technology: 2 years (Preferred)