Broadcast Engineer – Meredith Corporation – New York, NY
Company: Meredith Corporation
Address: New York, NY
I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
Meredith National Media Group Video division is seeking a Broadcast Engineer to join the engineering team that maintains broadcast facilities and provides technical support to day-to-day production. The ideal candidate will be expected to support Video Operations with technical support of live, as-live and VOD content production and regular maintenance of video equipment. This position will report to the Director of Video Engineering.
II. Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
Stand by to assist the studio crew with day-to-day technical studio operations including camera shading, video and audio routing, remotes shoots, satellite media tours, audio mixing, coms, and tally routing.
Actively participate in the maintenance and configuration of all broadcast and streaming equipment.
Manage technical resource utilization between 5 active studios and 2 control rooms.
Actively participate in the support of video operations teams including throubleshooting, root cause analysis, and preventative maintenance.
Work with Engineering team to develop and revise workflows and documentation.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor’s degree in TV, Film or Broadcast Production, technology, or a related field
- 3-5 years of broadcast engineering experience at a live broadcast and/or streaming station, post facility or web video channel.
- Strong knowledge of production equipment including cameras, lights, switchers, graphic generators, encoders, audio boards and other video equipment.
- Understanding of broadcast television and streaming technologies from studio and post production to master control and distribution.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Dante routing and networking, Evertz routing and distribution, RTS, AWS Elemental, Imagine Nexio, Image Video, Ross Carbonite, Yamaha QL5, Hitachi cameras, and CCUs strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with production and post workflows including custom MAM, SAN, DAM workflows as well as off the shelf software including Adobe Creative Cloud and ProTools.
- Understanding of IP networking as well as PC & Mac software and hardware required.
- Understanding of fiber networking principals and protocols.
- Organized and professional, and can deliver quality work within a busy production environment.
- Attentive to the needs of the production teams including awareness of budget and deadlines.
- A hunger to streamline processes through innovation.
- Have a proven track record of starting, participating, managing and finalizing large projects.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and are extremely detail oriented with ability to work under tight deadlines within a corporate organization.
% Travel Required (Approximate) : 10%
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees#NMG#