Brand Editorial Intern – LOLA – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
LOLA’s Editorial Intern will serve as the engine behind LOLA’s growing content production goals, working with LOLA’s brand and creative teams, along with our freelance writers, illustrators, and videographers to facilitate best-in-class content across LOLA’s owned editorial platforms. You’ll play a vital role in helping achieve LOLA’s ambitious goal to become the ultimate resource for her reproductive health. Along the way, you’ll maintain and update standard operating procedures across the editorial funnel, liaise with creatives, coordinate approvals, and provide strategic industry insights to our internal brand team.
Reporting to LOLA’s Director of Brand, this intern will be required to be onsite at LOLA’s HQ in Chelsea at least three days a week (20 hours a week).
What you’ll do
- Schedule and attend monthly editorial meetings; follow-up on team action items
- Maintain editorial calendar, across both final placements and ongoing ideas
- Assist content strategist in drafting writer briefs for each story, integrating in SEO best practices
- Assist with editorial process from project assignment through stakeholder approvals
- Maintain CMS management on WordPress, posting articles, buying stock photography when necessary, and moderating comments in partnership with community manager
- Conduct monthly industry audit of peer brand content platforms to deliver insights to content team
- Attend and manage action items from select internal cross-functional meetings with media and creative teams
Who you are
- Proven editorial experience with at least 1 year in online publishing, branded content, or lifestyle magazine (internship or professional)
- Experience with WordPress
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Quick learner who is eager to grow career in brand marketing
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Proven experience in coordination across multiple stakeholders
- Avid reader of blogs and online media with familiarity to branded content
Why you’ll love LOLA
LOLA is the first lifelong brand for a woman’s body. Founded and led by women, we’re dedicated to providing an ever-expanding portfolio of trusted products and candid information, so you can make deliberate decisions about your reproductive health.
We offer period and sexual wellness products made with premium ingredients like 100% organic cotton. Subscribe to get LOLA delivered on your schedule or choose products à la carte. We make it easy to customize your assortment of tampons and pads, too, because you know your body best.
In 2015, we launched LOLA Gives Back, as part of our ongoing commitment to raise awareness about menstrual inequality. With help from our nonprofit distribution partners, we’ve since donated over 5 million period products to low-income, underserved women across the U.S.