Associate Producer, Ahlan Simsim – Sesame Workshop – New York, NY
Company: Sesame Workshop
Location: New York, NY
Sesame Workshop is seeking Associate Producer, Ahlan Simsim. The right candidate should be a passionate and collaborative individual to support our creative team with production related activities for the humanitarian initiative in partnership with the International Rescue Committee, to bring early learning to displaced and host community children and caregivers in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria.
The Associate Producer will report to the Supervising Producer and provide support through all stages of production, including creative development, assets and resources compilation, production reviews, packaging, and delivery.
The position is based in New York City.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate all production related activities with internal and international production teams, with guidance and supervision from the Supervising Producer
- Coordinate script /rough cut reviews and share team comments with production partners
- Assist development and content implementation for outreach, digital and social media activities
- Coordinate communication with internal and international teams through all stages of production and arrange production meetings/calls
- Manage tracking of all production resources and liaise between internal and international teams
- Manage adequate assets delivery and evaluation of all production deliverables
- Manage asset tagging/entry and residuals tracking
- Coordinate creation of presentation reels and oversee subtitling, compilations packaging, etc.
- Create presentations, overview documents, graphs and timelines, as needed
- Coordinate logistics and travel plans for workshops and trainings,
- Process third party contracts, invoices, and expense reports, as needed
- Arrange booking of venues, production and catering services, as needed
- Passion for Sesame Workshop’s mission, children’s media, ECD and humanitarian initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Television/Film/Media Production, Communications, or a related field
- 5+ years of TV/Digital/Media production or relevant work experience
- Broad pre-production, production and post-production experience, editing and asset management skills preferred
- Arabic language skills, preferred
- Ability to work across multiple project aspects, tight deadlines, and various time zones
- Excellent organizational as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask, while able to prioritize urgent needs
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills and related competencies
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a multidisciplinary team, while maintaining flexible, creative, and solution-oriented attitude
- Willingness to travel to and work in low-resource settings
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects and Premier
Sesame Workshop’s International Social Impact department, a division of Social Impact and Philanthropy, develops and implements Sesame Workshop’s powerful initiatives to serve children and families around the world, builds strong partnerships and coalitions to maximize reach and impact. Building upon the familiarity and appeal of the trusted, beloved Sesame Street characters – and their global counterparts – we create and disseminate unique educational resources and tools for families most in need. Sesame Workshop’s research-driven initiatives reach many children who would otherwise have little or no access to early childhood education and support all aspects of children’s development – including healthy habits, cognitive development in areas such as early literacy and math, and social-emotional well-being and resilience. We reach and engage children and the important adults in their families and communities using multiple media platforms and innovative strategies – from television and radio to digital media, mobile technologies, books, E-books, magazines, classroom materials, teacher/provider training, social media, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled