Associate Director of Production and Technology, The Forum – Columbia University – Manhattanville, NY
Columbia University job in Manhattanville, NY
Reporting to the Director of Events, the Associate Director, Production and Technology, oversees the interface of operations and event planning at The Forum. Leading production and technical operations for multiple, concurrent events at The Forum, the Associate Director supervises production and AV staff; oversees building AV and technology systems; and maintains up-to-date working knowledge of audio, film, video, and lighting systems in compliance with University policy and relevant venue and equipment safety standards. This position requires frequent evening and weekend hours.
- Working in close collaboration with The Forum staff and event sponsors, oversees production and technical staffing for activities held in The Forum venues, including conferences, seminars, productions, public programming, and venue rentals.
- Communicates with diverse constituencies to accurately plan and execute concurrent multiple events; anticipates and meets the technical, production, and operational needs for events; advises on venue policies and industry best practices.
- Ensures that Forum policies, systems, and procedures provide for safe and effective operations, in compliance with University policy and theatrical safety standards.
- Anticipates and meets the technical and production needs of performances and events, recognizing and resolving problems in a timely manner, and advising on best practices and venue policies.
- Serves as The Forum’s management representative at assigned events, oversees production activity during rehearsals and events, and ensures production and customer service standards are met.
- Supervises production and AV staff, including recruiting, training, and scheduling of technical crew.
- Responsible for the operation and security of The Forum’s audio, film, lighting, rigging, and video systems and equipment.
- Oversees the general maintenance, safe operation, circulation, and inventory management of AV and technical equipment; researches and makes recommendations on repairs and replacements in a timely fashion.
- Participates in the accurate maintenance of schedule and production information in event database; produces reports from this database with point-in-time or year-to-year analysis.
To apply for this job please click here.
Suggested production jobs...