Assistant Editor – Friendshop! – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
Friendshop is a boutique full service film editing post production company with graphics, sound design and HD finishing located in New York City. Our mainstay is in advertising and branded content but we are adept at types of visual storytelling – from shorts to long form to documentary. Our clients range from sophisticated brands to innovative agencies to talented filmmakers. We also create our own content – producing/directing/editing our own shorts and docs. We believe in working hard, laughing a lot and elevating creative wherever and whenever possible. To learn more about Friendshop and our work – visit friendshop.com
The Assistant Editors are an integral part of the Friendshop team. They work closely with our editors, producers and client creative teams to successfully execute projects, campaigns, branded content and long form videos. These positions are incredible opportunities to gain imperative postproduction assets, while honing editorial skills – learning from some of the best editors in the business. Day to day, assistants will be responsible for breaking down dailies, media management and overseeing overall quality control. Ideally they should be knowledgeable about advertising, video production, and post-production processes with an ultimate goal of becoming an editor in this industry. The ideal candidate is highly organized and responsible, has a positive outlook, works well under pressure, can seamlessly jump between projects daily, and possess clear communication skills.
- Setup and management of AVID projects – including breaking down of dailies, managing postings and prepping for finishing sessions.
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video editing and media management; inclusive of organization of b-roll, stock, and video library.
- Work with graphic designers, After Effect artists, etc – esp to ensure creative and editor brief aligns with execution
- Maintaining and monitoring projects and deliverables.
- Along with team, ensure quality control over project deliverables.
- Fluent in AVID media composer interface
- 1-2 years of assisting experience is a plus.
- Able to prep for sessions
- Understanding of post production process and functions
- Ability to work in a team environment with flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends
We offer healthcare (medical, dental and vision) as well as 401k with % match.