fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV’s and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the Role:
fuboTV is seeking an Assistant Controller to help continue to build out and maintain a comprehensive in-house accounting capability and team. In this role, reporting directly to fuboTV’s Controller, you’ll partner closely with the management team and department heads to help create, implement, and maintain efficient and effective processes around financial reporting, monthly close, yearly audits, and related items.
This is an opportunity to take on a key role in a fast growing and newly public company that involves direct access to the management teams, department heads and other stakeholders as fuboTV continues to disrupt the $100BN Pay TV industry.
- Help oversee all corporate accounting functions including: revenue, AP, cost accounting, and financial systems
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Assist with all internal and external financial reporting and analysis for the management team, department heads, the Board of Directors, and investors.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and statutory reporting requirements; assist with the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Aid the team with all SEC filings
- Maintain compliance with loan documents
- Help develop accounting processes, systems and controls to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for monthly and/or annual closing; manage the monthly close and related reporting process
- Providing monthly, quarterly and year-end analyses
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts; analyze and report cost variances
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Help the team through annual audits working closely with the company’s auditing team
- Champion process improvement efforts to drive efficiency and effectiveness over corporate accounting and general ledger activities
- Work on other special projects involving financial reporting, accounting systems, data integrity, general ledger and reporting and optimization, and other compliance issues.
- Promote and provide service excellence through collaborative, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration (CPA required)
- Subscription/media experience (not required, but nice to have)
- Previous experience working for a publicly traded company
- Technical accounting experience
- Ability to find innovative solutions while building scalable accounting processes
- Deep working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key principles of application for a wide array of finance and accounting areas
- Detail oriented with superior organization skills
- Big 4 work experience
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV’s main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company