Art Director – Weber Shandwick – New York, NY
Company: Weber Shandwick
Location: New York, NY
At Weber Shandwick, we believe that being open, aspirational and entrepreneurial is what it takes to engage people and deliver impactful, award-winning work in a rapidly changing environment.
Our journey to date might surprise you. Weber Shandwick long has been known as one of the most highly regarded PR agencies in the world. But now, we also lead social, digital and traditional advertising assignments for some of the world’s most enduring companies and social causes.
Along the way, we’ve been featured four out of the last five years on Ad Age’s “Agency A-List” and awarded numerous Cannes Lions. But we’re still just getting started. We’re creatives, makers, producers, designers, strategists and technologists who love to unite around ideas with the ability to transcend culture.
We’re looking for an Art Director who will be a leader and a conceptual problem solver; an articulate presenter of ideas; a builder of strong client relationships; and above all, a storyteller who will help us convey our clients’ messaging in new, creative ways.
What You Will Be Doing:
You’ll do work that’s rooted in social media, but also includes digital video production; TV commercial ideation; and conceiving of unexpected activation ideas that drive conversation and engagement. Moreover, you’ll be a mentor to junior creatives, and a true collaborator – someone who can work well, without ego, alongside project management/production teams to help keep the trains running on time and budget.
- 2-4 years of related professional experience and working directly with clients.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Experience with social media platforms, a good understanding of platform best practices, and a strong interest in brand building.
- Illustration, film, art, 3D, music, or an animation background is a major plus but not a requirement – we like people who are makers.
- Some management experience preferred.
- Must be enthusiastic and committed to staying on top of emerging platforms, mobile design & development trends.
- Superior knowledge of leading design software a must (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).