Vice President/General Manager – KSLA – Gray Television – Shreveport, LA
Company: Gray Television
Location: Shreveport, LA
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 87 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KSLA is an award-winning CBS affiliate in the Shreveport-Bossier TV Market – the largest metropolitan area in North Louisiana. KSLA has the largest audience across its multiple platforms, providing our viewers with award-winning storytelling, investigations and the most-watched First Alert Weather Team. With leading news programming, a strong digital presence, and a top-notch creative sales team, KSLA is an integral part of the ArkLaTex community. KSLA serves communities in Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas and Oklahoma.
We offer excellent benefits, dental, vision, 401(k) and of course a competitive salary as well as great fringe benefits. We are a company that is dedicated to producing quality news in a diverse and vibrant environment with strong family-oriented communities. KLSA is part of Gray Media Group which currently owns and operates stations across the United States.
Gray Media Group, Inc. is seeking a Vice President/General Manager at KSLA in Shreveport, Louisiana. The Vice President/General Manager will report directly to a Senior Vice President-Local Media of Gray and will be responsible for the management of all aspects of station in a highly competitive and decentralized corporate culture.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a General Manager in broadcasting with a background in broadcast sales, news or marketing. Candidate must also have demonstrated leadership ability to grow both broadcast and digital viewership and customer base while generating bottom line results.
- Lead a fully functioning multi-platform media station with a focus on growing revenue and audience.
- Be the primary leader in generating ratings and revenue. Develop strategic plans and operational plans for the station’s growth in multi-platform content delivery and revenue generation that is in alignment with the local brand
- Lead with positive motivation, direction and insight while holding team accountable for attainment of operational goals
- Encourage innovation across all levels of the organization
- Provide visible leadership both inside the station and the community. Develop strong relationships with key clients and other business partners
- Effectively communicate to department heads and all employees. Create a collaborative, team-based environment
- Provide training and development opportunities to team members
- Responsible for all aspects of financial statements and ensuring station compliance. Responsible for station operating and capital expense budgets
- Enforce all FCC, EEO, SOX and any other appropriate rules and regulations
- Understand and adhere to company policies, and at all times adhere to the highest ethical standards
- Work transparently with the corporate team members to improve multi-platform operations
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Four-year degree
- 10+ years media experience including management responsibilities
- Ability and willingness to become a community leader
- Must pass pre-employment drug testing
- Valid Driver’s license and acceptable driving record required
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.