Prod. – Production Assistant – KNOE – Gray Television – Monroe, LA
Company: Gray Television
Location: Monroe, LA
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KKNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best in the news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. In addition to providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit www.knoe.com
KNOE 8 News, Monroe, La. has immediate openings for a Full-time Production Assistant. The Production Assistants will work in the production of KNOE 8 Newscasts, assist in other live and pre-recorded productions, and process content for two television stations and KNOE.COM
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with live and pre-recorded productions for KNOE, KAQY and KNOE.COM
- Work with other departments to coordinate and produce top-rated television and digital programs
- Regular care and maintenance of equipment and studio
- Work closely with other departments to meet daily demands as necessary
- Operation of studio teleprompter
- Edit video for newscasts
- Publish stories/video to knoe.com
- Previous television production and/or video editing experience is preferred
- Team player with professional attitude and strong communication skills
- Must have great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task under time-sensitive deadlines
- Strong technical and computing skills
- Experience with Edius editing systems is a significant plus.
This position requires the flexibility to work mornings, nights, weekends and changing schedules. A valid driver’s license is required, as is regular and reasonable work attendance.
- If interested you can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings