New Orleans Film Society Office and Customer Service Assistant – New Orleans Film Society – New Orleans, LA
Company: New Orleans Film Society
Location: New Orleans, LA
New Orleans Film Society
We are looking for an administrative perfectionist who can efficiently run an office space for around 8 staff members, with additional number of seasonal staff during the New Orleans Film Festival, plus coming in and out interns and volunteers. The office is pretty quiet for 9 months out of the year and becomes full of energy, creativity and stress for 3 months around NOFF. You have to be able to thrive in both types of environment. Customer satisfaction of ticket, pass and membership sales is our priority and you will be serving a role that ensures we have achieved it. Patience, friendliness and empathy are the major personality traits expected when assisting clients.
Part-time: year-round 20h/week
Full-time: August – October 40h/week
Increased hours around French Film Festival, Gala and other special projects upon approval
- Maintains cleanliness of the office and storage spaces at all times.
- Coordinates office and kitchen supplies and ensures we are stocked at all times.
- Handles and troubleshoot office equipment.
- Handles all NOFS mail and shipping.
- Maintains electronic and manual filing systems and ensures the data & document management policy is followed.
- Coordinates all office and storage inventory.
- Assists with accounting and financial reconciliations.
- Oversees phone and email coverage for multiple NOFS accounts.
- Coordinates member and patron mailings.
- Coordinates volunteers for NOFS events and maintain volunteer database and communication.
- Runs for any errands requested by management.
- Manages board meeting set up and break downs (hospitality, projector, conferencing equipment).
- Serves as the main contact for the building and ensures janitorial services are executed.
- Handles all keys and access cards for offices and storages.
- Reserves meeting rooms and webinar conferences for all staff.
- Administers NOFS database and ensures accuracy and completeness of all contacts and accounts.
- Resolves customer issues with ticketing and membership/pass sales on Patron Manager (Salesforce based) platform.
- Serves as liaison between NOFF staff and Patron Manager, manages reporting requests and maintains an agreed-upon naming syntax for reports within Salesforce.
- Creates a system for tracking user experience, issues, problems, proposes solutions and ensures fixes are done. Gathers customer feedback and reports it to NOFS staff.
- Creates customer tutorials, guides and FAQ to improve online sales/donation processes.
- Monitors mobile and online user experience and recommend solutions and improvements to web and app managers.
- Assists with website and ticketing quality assurance testing.
- Responds to all types of inquiries relating to NOFF and NOFS.
- Coordinates supplies for all screenings throughout the year and assist with the events on the ground.
- Assists with the production of community & member events and screenings.
New Orleans Film Festival:
- Sets up, manages and strikes an office space for about 20 seasonal employee and rotating 10-15 interns and volunteers, making productivity the main goal.
- Manages volunteers working in the office and coordinates their tasks.
- Oversees assignments of all workstations to all employees, interns and volunteers.
- Onboards all new people coming to work in the office and familiarizes everybody with the building and office rules.
- Maintains Festival staff database and provides them with benefits and credentials.
- Coordinates staff meals and snacks.
- Assists with post-festival wrap up and reconciliation.
- Manages meeting room scheduling.
French Film Festival:
- Coordinates volunteer schedule and coverage for all screenings.
- Enters all comp tickets and passes into the system.
- Coordinates a creation of physical passes for members and patrons.
- Manages brochure mailing.
- Provides customer service for the FFF patrons.
- Coordinates membership fulfillment process.
- Process membership sales.
- Reports on membership sales and trends.
- Coordinates membership renewals and assist with membership drive campaigns.
- Oversees @members email account and assist members with any issues.
- Process donations and annual fundraising Gala tickets and tables.
- Issues invoices if necessary.
- Assists with fundraising campaigns.
- Supports gala and donation campaign mailings.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Computer, mobile and cloud savvy.
- Customer service experience. Deep understanding of customer satisfaction.
- Comfortable with calling and selling over the phone.
- Patient, friendly and empathetic to customer needs.
- Administrative experience. Enjoys paperwork.
- Has patience toward office machines and equipment and can troubleshoot.
- Understanding of productive office environment.
- Ability to oversee volunteers.
- Can multi-task.
- Attentive to details and strive for quality of performance.
- Deep understanding of what clean office means.
- Superb organization, planning, project management and execution skills
- Calm under pressure
- Proactive/takes initiative
- Positive attitude and teamwork
- Honest/shows integrity.
- Responsible and reliable
- Ability to smile after job is done ;)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
- Call Center: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
- Flexible schedule
Communication method(s) used:
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company’s customer service policies